my new baby... AKA The Café

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still Tues... ;) :)
20230919_141007.jpg
20230919_140759.jpg

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all! Cops were called, driver had a dash cam, took all fault immediately. Lots of pictures taken, videos, and we have loads of insurance company experience being an auto body shop owner. However, he's a stubborn mule and although I'm telling him to go now, he's like, I'll do an appointment tomorrow. So we'll see. It's was about a 35mph hit to the trailer. Not a lot of obvious damage because it's a solid trailer, but the Fed ex truck was totaled.

And ponies. OMG. Cute. I now have 2 babies.
TWO! Hopefully they make it. I do see pods and swimming bbs still so hopefully they eat.

Here's the babies

IMG_20230919_185717843~2.jpg
IMG_20230919_190115661~2.jpg
Woah the day you had , glad Hubs is okay ! And the seahorses are adorable, showed my wife and her first words were “why don’t we have any “ lol

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all! Cops were called, driver had a dash cam, took all fault immediately. Lots of pictures taken, videos, and we have loads of insurance company experience being an auto body shop owner. However, he's a stubborn mule and although I'm telling him to go now, he's like, I'll do an appointment tomorrow. So we'll see. It's was about a 35mph hit to the trailer. Not a lot of obvious damage because it's a solid trailer, but the Fed ex truck was totaled.

And ponies. OMG. Cute. I now have 2 babies.
TWO! Hopefully they make it. I do see pods and swimming bbs still so hopefully they eat.

Here's the babies

IMG_20230919_185717843~2.jpg
IMG_20230919_190115661~2.jpg
What a day! Glad hubs is seemingly okay. Hope he sees the DR today regardless.

I've heard dwarfs are a lot harder to transport and keep in general so it sounds like your order went pretty well, hopefully they adjust well for you! Where'd you end up ordering from? (Sorry if it was said already and I missed it)

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
still have plenty, but always willing to take more if anyone has them...;)
Harley Q is up to 15-20 a day now,have only taken just the polyp rock full out of 12'er ,rest are still coming from mingi tank, she is inch and half now...:)
20230919_141044.jpg

20230919_141452.jpg

PS: where is your build thread ?

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still have plenty, but always willing to take more if anyone has them...;)
Harley Q is up to 15-20 a day now,have only taken just the polyp rock full out of 12'er ,rest are still coming from mingi tank, she is inch and half now...:)
20230919_141044.jpg

20230919_141452.jpg

PS: where is your build thread ?
Same place yours is!!! In my heart, but not my badges.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mornin! It’s always way too early for me haha. This week I’ve gotta be across the street at five am, as the kiddo goes in early.
I remember not too long ago, 3 years, when I had to get up every weekday at 5am to get my daughter on the school bus at 6:30am. Year after she graduated the school changed the start hours to an hour later. Sighted study that says teens need more sleep. Figures.

However, just got a call that my hubs was in an accident so when he gets home I'll be busy. Have no idea how bad, he was breaking up too bad from no service.
Glad hubs is ok.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a day! Glad hubs is seemingly okay. Hope he sees the DR today regardless.

I've heard dwarfs are a lot harder to transport and keep in general so it sounds like your order went pretty well, hopefully they adjust well for you! Where'd you end up ordering from? (Sorry if it was said already and I missed it)
He's alive! Back sore, he slept ok though. He's planning on a DR visit today though. He had major back surgery when he was 20 for a blown disk the size of a grapefruit so you'd think he'd take possible back injury more serious, but again, mule.

In pony news, they all survived the night. Even the babies are still hitched to the gorg. I just added a squirt of fresh bbs in there so they can forage. I think I'll make a stop at the lfs today to see if I can get some macro or other plants for them to hitch to, the tan gorg I bought looks kinda bad, not sure if it will make it. But I also didn't plan on putting it in a gallon. I did get a purple frilly one that is huge, so I should be able to trim a small section of that one.

I got these ponies from foxy saltwater tropicals. I originally ordered just the gorgs and a crab for the eel tank, and had ordered the ponies from a friend. But over the weekend she called and said her pony tank crashed so she couldn't send any. I was able to add a 10pk from foxy so I could still get ponies. Package was ok, but was late, usually I get 10:30 deliveries but I got this one at 4pm. So it bounced on a truck on dirt roads all day. Probably why a couple didn't make it. Still happy with them though, super cute. Hopefully they make it a while.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GoodMorning everyone !

I just realized that I really never introduced myself here I kinda just jumped in 2 years ago lol and been here ever since

My names Jordan (Jay for short)
I’m 29 (still a baby to most people )
I live on the east coast (CT)
I’m married with no kids
I run a cafe in a museum ( not great but pays the bills)
I wanna move out west and hopefully take advantage of my trade (electrical engineering)
And yeah that’s pretty much it lol
I know mostly everyone’s name here because I’ve seen others drop it but I wanted y’all to know mine since I really haven’t posted it.

Have a great morning and great day !
Off on hike !

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GoodMorning everyone !

I just realized that I really never introduced myself here I kinda just jumped in 2 years ago lol and been here ever since

My names Jordan (Jay for short)
I’m 29 (still a baby to most people )
I live on the east coast (CT)
I’m married with no kids
I run a cafe in a museum ( not great but pays the bills)
I wanna move out west and hopefully take advantage of my trade (electrical engineering)
And yeah that’s pretty much it lol
I know mostly everyone’s name here because I’ve seen others drop it but I wanted y’all to know mine since I really haven’t posted it.

Have a great morning and great day !
Off on hike !
I love all of this........ BUT I don't see how Jordan becomes "Jay" for short. (Just "J" would make sense).. is it a nickname, with a story?

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all of this........ BUT I don't see how Jordan becomes "Jay" for short. (Just "J" would make sense).. is it a nickname, with a story?
I used be just “J” but most people I associate myself with says it’s weird lol so I spelled it out “Jay” lol
Same way Richard is a Dick?
I still don’t understand how these 2 names are related lol

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to find a better way to remove hatched brine shrimp from the unhatched and shells. Current method sucks. The special nets didn't work. Still trapped all the live shrimps with the shells. Most shells float, but then I'm getting enough that don't to contaminate the living shrimps that I collected.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 176 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back