my new baby... AKA The Café

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your brave hahaha, I am not going anywhere near stores today....

it’s an appointment that FiL booked a week ago so it’s not too bad. That and this place is appointment only so the lobby is pretty chill

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s an appointment that FiL booked a week ago so it’s not too bad. That and this place is appointment only so the lobby is pretty chill
cool. I just don't like the crowds and when I am walking with wife or friends my training kicks in and I go into asset protection detail mode.
Some things you can't turn off.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This helps with the wait as well LOL
10A59A14-5641-42A2-A867-4AE5B2A84998.jpeg

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This helps with the wait as well LOL
10A59A14-5641-42A2-A867-4AE5B2A84998.jpeg
ah I understand that helps. But to me I could never do that, as it is a distraction and prevents me my brain from doing room assessments and movement plotting.....
Thats why I love my home and reef tank, I can chill....and so can all my team buddies...

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah I understand that helps. But to me I could never do that, as it is a distraction and prevents me my brain from doing room assessments and movement plotting.....
Thats why I love my home and reef tank, I can chill....and so can all my team buddies...

I understand my friend

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B.C. how is your tank doing?

it’s doing well. Things seem happy after the water change. More things keep showing up out of the rocks and I’m like a kid in a candystore.

I’ll be moving my clowns and foxface over later. Also going to make an inventory list of the stuff I need to plumb the 120 since my uncle is hooking me up with supplies.

so overall things are going well with regards to my reefing projects

Thanks for asking!

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
co
it’s doing well. Things seem happy after the water change. More things keep showing up out of the rocks and I’m like a kid in a candystore.

I’ll be moving my clowns and foxface over later. Also going to make an inventory list of the stuff I need to plumb the 120 since my uncle is hooking me up with supplies.

so overall things are going well with regards to my reefing projects

Thanks for asking!
cool...I did away with the Refuge plans on the 300 and built a sulfur/aragonite reactor. Got the idea from Parkers Reef dude...

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
co

cool...I did away with the Refuge plans on the 300 and built a sulfur/aragonite reactor. Got the idea from Parkers Reef dude...

ive heard about those reactors. Always wondered if they worked. I’m assuming it does since you’ve stuck with it.

I’m not going with a refugium either. But that’s mostly because if I had one I’d like it to be a display in and of itself, and I simply don’t have space for such a fuge. So I’m going with an ATS. That and a skimmer will be only real nutrient export beyond WCs.

we’ll see how it goes

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah my preferred vender was MD. Sad they’re gone. BRS is nice but idk. MD was just…nicer
exactly how I feel. BRs seems to be like a little rude or snooty...I am not sure exact word....But saltwater aquarium is always cheaper then brs...
maybe we need a new player in the market.....hmmm me and buddies could fund it...I am sure we all could relax then and have fun selling stuff cheaper and relax in our controlled warehouse...

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive heard about those reactors. Always wondered if they worked. I’m assuming it does since you’ve stuck with it.

I’m not going with a refugium either. But that’s mostly because if I had one I’d like it to be a display in and of itself, and I simply don’t have space for such a fuge. So I’m going with an ATS. That and a skimmer will be only real nutrient export beyond WCs.

we’ll see how it goes
the thing I found out about refuge is that BRS etc is pushing it is a good idea, so they can sell stuff. but yes it works when the light is on and it absorbs CO2 and releases O2 and helps control PO4...
The thing they dont mention is that when the light is off, things go into reverse, the refuge absorbs O2 and releases CO2....and if you dont have enough "crap" for the chaeto etc to use then it begins to die.
SO you have to over feed tank etc. ALso dinos love CO2...
You also can't use GFO cause chaeto does like what it does to the water..
With the sulfur reactor, no worries about refuge issues, yes it draws some ALK to run and drops PH a little , but I would rather dose more ALK and have a aragonite tower to help ofset the ALK,PH issue then to worry if at night do my fish have less O2.
Also as the aragonite is disolved by the sulfur reactor it helps with CAL.
I made this sulfur/aragonite reactor for $135.00 got these slightly used.
Modified them and a small pump..
Check out Parkers Reef video for ideas.

Sulfur and ARM reactor.jpg

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the thing I found out about refuge is that BRS etc is pushing it is a good idea, so they can sell stuff. but yes it works when the light is on and it absorbs CO2 and releases O2 and helps control PO4...
The thing they dont mention is that when the light is off, things go into reverse, the refuge absorbs O2 and releases CO2....and if you dont have enough "crap" for the chaeto etc to use then it begins to die.
SO you have to over feed tank etc. ALso dinos love CO2...
You also can't use GFO cause chaeto does like what it does to the water..
With the sulfur reactor, no worries about refuge issues, yes it draws some ALK to run and drops PH a little , but I would rather dose more ALK and have a aragonite tower to help ofset the ALK,PH issue then to worry if at night do my fish have less O2.
I made this sulfur/aragonite reactor for $135.00 got these slightly used.
Modified them and a small pump..
Check out Parkers Reef video for ideas.

excellent info, thanks! I’ll check out some of those videos

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
excellent info, thanks! I’ll check out some of those videos
also once you dial in the sulfur reactor to the nitrate number you want you dont have to touch it for a year or more. Just will have to add aragonite to the aragonite tower once in a while and may be clean out the aragonite tower. Thats why I did tower separate reactors/towers instead of putting ARM(aragonite) in the same reactor as the sulfur.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Turkey hangover,goin back to bed...:rolleyes:see y'all in a few...;)

still asking id please...either ,anyone...:D
IMG_20211126_033012_284.jpg

t-5s no filter
WP_20210423_18_34_14_Pro.jpg

old pic,think through orange glasses...:rolleyes:

SHhh ... i'll get some good blue pics later,post while Simon is sleeping...;):D luv ya brother...:cool:

Back