my new baby... AKA The Café

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so this is fun. Apparently I have never seen this monti without all its polyps out??
PXL_20211126_003636055.jpg

Urchin just did a drive by and usually it's varying shades of orange/yellow that I see - not this

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, so this is fun. Apparently I have never seen this monti without all its polyps out??
PXL_20211126_003636055.jpg

Urchin just did a drive by and usually it's varying shades of orange/yellow that I see - not this
My digi does that but when yours does that it looks beautiful

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My digi does that but when yours does that it looks beautiful
Yeah 15 min later and it's back to what I'm used to seeing. Just caught it perfect timing. Had no idea how vibrantly green it was underneath those polyps lol

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I love my family. Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving.

my uncle is a contractor. My aunt asked me about my birthday. I explained the only thing I truly want is to get the 120 wet and cycling.

she’s now hooking me up with all plumbing parts, wood, etc I need.

just cuz she knows how much this pursuit means to me.

love all of you. Now off to my food coma

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lil scopas acting like a boss now... ;Blackeye
IMG_20211125_130953_590.jpg
IMG_20211125_131148_309.jpg

" let me introduce you to my little friends"...;):D
IMG_20211125_131503_293.jpg

happening soon...:)

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
POP...Hungry... ;)
IMG_20211126_012732_832.jpg
IMG_20211126_012854_039.jpg

see... i still have some brains left...:D
IMG_20211126_012956_728.jpg

i don't get it...o_Ohow do these snails survive in the wild ???
i spend at least a half hour a day flippin...:rolleyes:;):)poppin..

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ah coffee.....and then.....xmas lights to put up....and tank tests to do and move some more fish over from the 140 to the 300
Geeze, that's my husbands plan today... Maybe it's a guy thing? Coffee - xmas tree after Thanksgiving cook off.

Good morning!
long story short as possible. I was at my in laws for thanksgiving dinner... The girls always talk about "painting nails and piercings, tattoos" you know cosmetic things. I can't handle it. I must be weird. So, I interrupt with reef tank talk, show my sister in law some of the pics on this thread - showed her a few pics of my tank. I told her "getting new reef equipment is as exciting as getting a new car!" There was silence for roughly 10 minutes. Only to resume back to the cosmetic talk. Football is playing on 2 tv's my son and me decide to hide in the hallway. Time to go home, ambushed by the dog. I couldn't be happier. I will take my 2 tornadoes any day! All while watching the husband play some dark souls.

20211125_192009.jpg

Mother in law was upset we didn't bring duck over. I will later today. I love her to death. But, my husband- he can feel however he likes.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geeze, that's my husbands plan today... Maybe it's a guy thing? Coffee - xmas tree after Thanksgiving cook off.

Good morning!
long story short as possible. I was at my in laws for thanksgiving dinner... The girls always talk about "painting nails and piercings, tattoos" you know cosmetic things. I can't handle it. I must be weird. So, I interrupt with reef tank talk, show my sister in law some of the pics on this thread - showed her a few pics of my tank. I told her "getting new reef equipment is as exciting as getting a new car!" There was silence for roughly 10 minutes. Only to resume back to the cosmetic talk. Football is playing on 2 tv's my son and me decide to hide in the hallway. Time to go home, ambushed by the dog. I couldn't be happier. I will take my 2 tornadoes any day! All while watching the husband play some dark souls.

20211125_192009.jpg

Mother in law was upset we didn't bring duck over. I will later today. I love her to death. But, my husband- he can feel however he likes.
your not weird, you just have different interests then as you say "the girls" . That is what makes people different and attractive to others..otherwise the world would be like going to the gallon milk section in costco and there is only hundreds of the same gallon of milk.......
my girl likes the girly things, but also loves to do house remolding project with me and now the 300 has consumed her interest in this whole fish world....she even carved a pumpkin for the R2R contest...

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
your not weird, you just have different interests then as you say "the girls" . That is what makes people different and attractive to others..otherwise the world would be like going to the gallon milk section in costco and there is only hundreds of the same gallon of milk.......
my girl likes the girly things, but also loves to do house remolding project with me and now the 300 has consumed her interest in this whole fish world....she even carved a pumpkin for the R2R contest...
I wanted to carve a pumpkin. I just never bought anything to do so. We never get any trick or treaters on this side of town. So, it would be boring just to have it sit there and whither away all by its lonesome.

Maybe, I can spark a bit of interest in reefing with the sister in laws. But, they are always so busy with 4 + dogs. I doubt they want an aquarium with giant great danes bumping their butts into everything.
oth of my sister in laws are between 5'8 - 5'10 The dogs tower them both.
I am a midget compared to all of my inlaws. :*(

heather-and-dane.jpg

Edit: blotted out her face in case she comes back to visit this thread. She might throw a shoe at me.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh not the shoe...my Italian grandma was a pro at that...hahaha.
It was like she could be in another room and you did something bad, she would throw her shoe, it would go down the hall , hit you and then make it way back to her to reload.....hahahah

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to carve a pumpkin. I just never bought anything to do so. We never get any trick or treaters on this side of town. So, it would be boring just to have it sit there and whither away all by its lonesome.

Maybe, I can spark a bit of interest in reefing with the sister in laws. But, they are always so busy with 4 + dogs. I doubt they want an aquarium with giant great danes bumping their butts into everything.
oth of my sister in laws are between 5'8 - 5'10 The dogs tower them both.
I am a midget compared to all of my inlaws. :*(

heather-and-dane.jpg

Edit: blotted out her face in case she comes back to visit this thread. She might throw a shoe at me.
you should now draw a smile face on the black area....omg hahahahah

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chillin at discount tire. Father in law to be surprised me with 4 new tires.

@Mibu youre not alone. Although I was surprised by the amount of interest I received last night when I showed the video I took of the 53 yesterday afternoon.

still talk centered on many topics other than reef keeping. (Which I have geeked out over for 2 years lol) so of course I’d rather talk reefing.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you should now draw a smile face on the black area....omg hahahahah
heather-and-danerepeat.jpg
Chillin at discount tire. Father in law to be surprised me with 4 new tires.

@Mibu youre not alone. Although I was surprised by the amount of interest I received last night when I showed the video I took of the 53 yesterday afternoon.

still talk centered on many topics other than reef keeping. (Which I have geeked out over for 2 years lol) so of course I’d rather talk reefing.
I am used to it. The only one I know who loves the tank and learned much of it, is my husband. He just doesn't want to get into "water" care. That's the real work!

I love my in laws. Amazing people. I am probably the one who is worse of them all.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back