:) This thing is amazing... 30x18x16

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_2028.jpg

Ahogue21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a short cell video on mine only thing im curious about is the flow to the second chamber wondering if its gona create to higher pressure areas

OP
OP
Lowefx

Lowefx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a short cell video on mine only thing im curious about is the flow to the second chamber wondering if its gona create to higher pressure areas
My skimmer and heater are in the second chamber and I have no issues once I ballance out my return pump.

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you guys putting yours on? Directly onto plywood or onto insulation foam?? Or thin neoprene layer?

I have a custom Bashsea coming in the next week or two. I modified their SS60 design so it will accept any roller mat... Specifically I wanted to install the bubble magus roller mat so I made the appropriate mods needed. Also, their SS60 won't accept two Red Dragon return pumps so we made some changes on that end too. I'll post a pic when it arrives.

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure your floor underlayment is level without any shims or anything and use something like the gym mats that interlock from Home Depot you can cut them to size. I had my first Bashsea sump crack because I had shims to make it level under it not the right way. But mine was on concrete so I was able to use a self leveling cement and fix it. Bottom line make sure it's right wish I had the first time ouch..

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure your floor underlayment is level without any shims or anything and use something like the gym mats that interlock from Home Depot you can cut them to size. I had my first Bashsea sump crack because I had shims to make it level under it not the right way. But mine was on concrete so I was able to use a self leveling cement and fix it. Bottom line make sure it's right wish I had the first time ouch..

Ya. You mean flat stand top or level floor? Both I imagine. Not sure what I can do other than shim if the floor is not level. It should be pretty close but I’m not building the stand until later this week so I haven’t specifically checked yet. Is there anything to do other than shim the stand if it’s not level?

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya. You mean flat stand top or level floor? Both I imagine. Not sure what I can do other than shim if the floor is not level. It should be pretty close but I’m not building the stand until later this week so I haven’t specifically checked yet. Is there anything to do other than shim the stand if it’s not level?
No Shims under the sump that was my mistake. With shims you have air gaps or a least the way I did it there was and it was a big mistake. Everything was fine or so I thought it was filled up and fine until drained the refugium section to set it up. The unbalance must have did it and the sump cracked and started leaking.....Never forget that night

drtechno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my Bashsea custom sump in today ! Very excited. I took the SS-60 design they had and made some small modifications so that (for example) I can use/attach any fleece roller on the market today/hang on fleece roller, modified the compartments to accomodate my two Red Dragon return pumps, modified the skimmer section to take the Bubbleking, etc. I have to say, the craftsmanship is awesome.

However, they did screw up the custom order.. I wanted them to plumb for 3 return lines for a bean animal drain, they plumbed two. Now I have to screw around with trying to figure out how to jury rig the sump so that it can handle 3 drains. Also, the return bulkheads were specified at 1.25" and they made them 1" (I assume that's the standard SS-60)... luckily for me, 1" is really what I needed and the 1.25" was oversized. There were a couple more mistakes on the build that are minor.. And therein lies the problem when you order something large and custom like this, that is impossible to return: If they make mistakes you have to eat it.

By the way, I am thinking I just take the third 1" drain and split it off to feed the two 1/2" bulkheads? I think the capacity won't be as high as if they had just done what they were supposed to and plumb a third 1" return. Either that or I just bypass their bulkheads and just dump straight from the PVC drain into the 2nd chamber (it likely won't be used anyway).

Anyway, so the whole thing is bitter sweet... Awesome looking sump, awesome build quality, but quite a bit irritated at the mistakes. If I had really needed the 1.25" return lines, then I would raise a stink, because that would just be one mistake too many. As it is, I will call them and talk it over... sucks for both them and me that this happened :/

Here are the pics tho-

IMG_4011.JPG IMG_4013.JPG IMG_4014.JPG

tenurepro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings all - can you comment on noise level with water flowing from the first section to the skimmer section. I watched a couple of YouTube vids that suggests they are loud! Thanks your input! Cheers

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back