OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very small, nice green. I never mind small anemone. They grow so fast if you want to feed them, every 3 days or so. You can get him to 20 inches within a year if you want.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very small, nice green. I never mind small anemone. They grow so fast if you want to feed them, every 3 days or so. You can get him to 20 inches within a year if you want.

Yeah, they didn’t have any listed, and I called and this was what they had. I’ve wanted a gig for awhile for the large carpet with decent texture you don’t get from a haddoni....... I’m excited to finally get one.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot believe that it have been 2 months since I got my Green Carpets. All three carpets are complete healthy. My 65 gal tank also have change from a algae infested tank, to almost respectable. Just a little Dino that is going away with increase temp to 82 degree. I can't believe how easy it is to keep Dino in check. If you have Dino problem, consider increase your temp slowly to 80+.
People have got out of reefing due to Dino problem. I can't believe I got off so easy.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run my tank at 80 degree F but increased it to 82 degrees for Dino. Really cause Dino to receded

Last edited:

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I read that wrong. Thought 82f was 26c. Sorry I don’t understand American measurements that well. Should have looked up. Haha

jamie1210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took down one of my nanos last year because of dinos. Good to know about the temperature trick

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my new Blue Haddoni also from @galactic_coral. I am gambling on it recover fully bright blue. It is a gamble I choose to make. I hope it will pay off. I have been looking for a bright blue Haddoni ever since mine died in the aftermath of Harvey in my friend’s tank.
anemone2020101101bluehaddoni-jpg.1826249

Last edited:

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrionN love your carpets.. actually all your nems lol. But your green gig is what got me to take a chance and purchase a green gig. Mines small still about tennis ball size but doing very well. I'm hoping as he gets bigger i can move him more forward in my tank next to my mag as a central display piece. My only concern is the gig eating my fish as it gets bigger, right now my clowns have their mag so they keep fish clear of him.

I want to send a special thank you to @Asagi for the gig. Joey he's doing great and enjoying life!

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Color is getter better on the blue. When are you going to transfer the purple to the office tank?
I actually really enjoy the ability to look closely at the anemones in my sump. They are doing well there so I am not in a hurry getting them to my office.
My office tank is doing great and stable but I don’t have the control there like I have at home.

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@OrionN love your carpets.. actually all your nems lol. But your green gig is what got me to take a chance and purchase a green gig. Mines small still about tennis ball size but doing very well. I'm hoping as he gets bigger i can move him more forward in my tank next to my mag as a central display piece. My only concern is the gig eating my fish as it gets bigger, right now my clowns have their mag so they keep fish clear of him.

I want to send a special thank you to @Asagi for the gig. Joey he's doing great and enjoying life!
Thanks Mike! Glad it is doing well! Feed that dude and he will grow up big and sting just like you!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my friends let me know that Galactic Coral in Houston have Gigantea Anemones a few weeks ago. I ordered two bright green Gigantea from them two weeks ago. They arrived overnight well pack and healthy. Both are doing well in my new 65 gal tank in my office.
I went to Houston for a quick trip to pick up my sons yesterday (3.5 hrs drive from Corpus Christi) and visit Galactic Coral in person. I was impressed that David Rains at Galactic Coral have quite a few healthy anemones. Various Gigantea and Haddoni, high price named BTA, and Magnifica. I was late for picking up my sons, so I did not stay for as long as I love too. He also have a trio of Macropharyngodon bipartitus, AKA Blue Star Leopard wrasse that seem to be active and healthy. I mention this since getting healthy Leopard wrasse is one of the harder things us reefers have to do if we want a harem of Leopard Wrasse in our tank.

I did not come away empty handed yesterday. I was able to talk to David and was able to purchase a very nice small Purple Haddoni. There were a numbers of anemones to choose from but my bank account cannot take too big of a hit.
The following are pictures of the three anemones I got from Galactic Coral. If anybody want Gigantea, Haddoni, Magnifica or brilliant BTA, you may want to give Galactic Coral in Houston a call.

I have never seen any LFS that have a numbers of healthy hard to keep anemones that are available for sale like I saw at Galactic Coral.

Purple Haddoni, the morning after I got him in my tank. Did not finish dripping him in until 2:00 AM, about 5 hrs ago
PurpleHaddoni2020080902.jpeg

Green Gigantea. Small only about 3-4 inches. Please don't pay any attention to the algae. This is a brand new tank set up with rock from the Corpus Christi Bay. There are no tang or any snail in the tank yet. That is a normal size coffee mug next to him.
GreenGigantea2020080902.jpg

Another Green Gigantea, about 4-5 inches. That is a giant mug he is on.
GreenGigantea2020080901.jpg

Super awesome, like it.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back