My new carpets

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was hard for me to find. One of the reason I was late picking up my sons was driving around to find this place. It is a tiny building with tiny sign. If you are looking for a large sign, you won't find it.
I use Google Map and did not find it, I have to call and was able to find it after I was told there is a "U-Haul" truck parking in front of it.
Thank you! Just looked at the website and found something I have been looking for myself!

AD87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
First off I was blown away to find out that this was the famous OrionN who was in my store!! Around 18 years ago is when I believe I started following him on reef central. I was blown away by his anemones and the wealth of knowledge he shared. When he shared his Cypro antibiotic treatment it was a game changer for me and my success with keeping the impossible anemones. To be completely honest his anemones are what sucked me into the wormhole that is this hobby that I try to share with as many people as possible the right way. We have one of the truly great reefers here in OrionN and I wanted to point it out. Maybe one day we can have him be a part of one of our informational videos. Either way my family is greatful for your business and it was great meeting you in person!
Glad to see you on the forums David!

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
76595403-73D8-4E8E-BBE3-F4C2200C74BE.jpeg

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like to disturb anemone. Removing the from rock attachment is stressful for them IMO. I use mugs for temporary attachment most often. It is easy to move it around. Elevate the anemone to keep him apart from other animals and give it better water movement. Heavy and stable not move unless I move it and easy to get the anemone to move to the rock later. I also use the handle to trap the anemone so it attach to the mug and not float around and into my PH. I also always have these cheap mugs around.
We use what is inert and available but IMO there is nothing else I rather have a new anemone attach to.

What do you mean by trapping the nem with the handle of the mug? I just got two mags and a gig yesterday and they are refusing to attach to the rockwork so they are just sitting on the sandbed for now with the flow very low so they dont blow around. Any suggestions or help would be good.

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He puts the carpet into his quarantine with an inverted coffee mug. That’s because water changes are easier and antibiotics kill all bacteria onthings like live rock. The mugs keeps the tank sterile and is easy to lift and move the nem For siphoning and cleaning of tank.

He Slides a piece of the carpet into the handle so it doesn’t blow around. It will the attach to the mug. Then when quarantine is done he moves the entire mug into display next to the rock he wants it to attach to. It will then move on its own.

galactic_coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason if they won't attach I would keep an eye on the mouth and the foot of the nems. If the mouth is gaping or the foot is damaged you need to run Mr. ORIONS cypro treatment asap. Also another good way to judge is to watch the tentacles with the flow off. If they move on their own that is a sign of a healthy specimen. Good luck

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by trapping the nem with the handle of the mug? I just got two mags and a gig yesterday and they are refusing to attach to the rockwork so they are just sitting on the sandbed for now with the flow very low so they dont blow around. Any suggestions or help would be good.
I put the mug on the side and pin the anemone between the mug, the handle and the sand (trapped the anemone with the mug handle) to keep it from blowing around the tank with the current. If the anemone is semi healthy, it will attach to the cup and the handle since it cannot attach to the sand.

OP
OP
OrionN

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I the first pic, is that some kind of Rubbermaid tub? If it is, please share your setup. I have one Im setting up now.
this is my refugium/sump. It is a 120 gal rubber maid tub. No division. Just water drain into it and a pump pump it back up to the tank. I have the skimmer on top of a larger high block. Lots of rock, I light it with a bunch of light, daylight LED bulb. That is all. I have a pair of clown in it and often have fish that I keep in there to get them acclimated to captivity, get use to fish I feed the tank ect...

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the mug on the side and pin the anemone between the mug, the handle and the sand (trapped the anemone with the mug handle) to keep it from blowing around the tank with the current. If the anemone is semi healthy, it will attach to the cup and the handle since it cannot attach to the sand.

Thanks orion for the clarification!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back