My new encrusting Goniopora

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi y'all,

I just got a frag of green encrusting Goniopora from Jason and Tammy's shop this saturday. It's the one on the right. The left one is an orange encrusting Goniopora.

EncrustingGoni165.jpg

I wanted one of these ever since I saw one at ReefKoi's table at Nashville frag swap. I got the orange one then. Luckily Jason had one at a lot more reasonable price.

I knew that Jason was going to be downsizing his shop, but his shop is still brimming with lots of very beautiful corals. His new LED lights over LPS and zoa frag tank made the corals look stunning. I was really impressed. His prices are great, too.

He was somewhat low on fish but I understand that he is going to get some more.

I hope Jason and Tammy will host NARC meeting in near future :)

Last edited:

Alabama Reefer

corals for sale and trade
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad to see u bought a gonipora because the sps corals are covered in aefw and I've heard the fish are tiny so I don't think u missed much there.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea, I got one at our swap but it didnt make it. not Reefkoi fault. I had my own issues at the time. a fellow reefer got a red hardy one from Pacific east that is still doing awesome! IM up for a visit to their place....

fixed it for ya
EncrustingGoni165.jpg

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for fixing the picture, pickupman66. I don't know why, but photobucket photos seem to give me a hard time here.

It seems as though a lot of people are suffering from AEFW these days. I hope someone will come up with an in-tank treatment soon. I see some brave people are trying levamisole and ivermectin in their tanks. In the mean time, I rely on treating my SPS's with CoralRX or Revive. I suppose that I should try to disinfect LPS's as well although I don't hear much about their parasites or diseases except for brown jelly disease and some flatworm bothering some Euphyllia species.

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice piece....is that on a disk or frag plug? I get hot colors of those in all the time...got some nice purple ones a few weeks ago...the purples seem to do great...I've had one for over a year that's just awsome....never seen anybody cut those into frags...usually just colonies....interesting..!!!!

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alabama reefer,we do not have any afews so you can take that for what its worth.You have never been here so you dont know the whole story but I will definatelly keep you in my thought and your source of info.We did recieve a shipment from a supplier a while back that did have them but have sine irradicated them.As you get older you will learn more!We just got some more encrusting goni's in and I have a blue/purple in stock for anyone who is interested.Make sure you know the whole story before shooting off at someone.It can always shootback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jason
P.S.Rev. sorry if this was out of line.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the fish we have some were small but we had request for alot small fish for three nano tanks.The new ones on their way are not small and very healthy.Like I said,know the story before telling the story.There have been alot of people with afews due to were they are being harvested.I am sure where your info came from and when it happened I told that person to be carefull using that supplier and to always chk for them.It can happen fast.My sps are all healhy and doing fine since rebuilding the system due to the storm.Call me and we can discuss your lack of proper info in better detail.

GCamp13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haters are gonna hate. Jason and Tammy have excellent corals and healthy fish. Also outstanding prices and have also given me sound advice on any questions I have had.

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just got some more encrusting goni's in and I have a blue/purple in stock for anyone who is interested.

Is blue/purple encrusting goniopora brightly colored? I wish I could see it. Jason, you gotta learn to take good pictures and post them or befriend someone who can.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ACTUALLY been to Jasons and can say I didn't see ANY pests on his SPS. Or anything else for that matter! Jason is a stand up guy and if he wasn't so far away I would shop there more often.

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There sure seems to be alot of drama and and anger in this narc forum...this hobby is supposed to be about getting along and having fun with everybody....Can't believe all the anger.....I'm gonna have to go watch the hangover again to cheer me back up....

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There sure seems to be alot of drama and and anger in this narc forum...this hobby is supposed to be about getting along and having fun with everybody....Can't believe all the anger.....I'm gonna have to go watch the hangover again to cheer me back up....

Seems like the only drama is coming from someone in Bham. Maybe they should take it to the BARF forum.....LOL.....Hangover is a good movie ANYTIME BTW! And NO I'm not talking about you Mark!

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hangover always make me laugh....and nope not me...I just like to hang out up in here cause I know a few of ya....if this keeps up i'm gonna have to arrange an old fashion thumb wrestling competion and we can handle this...lol...

markie mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or we can just let our corals do the fighting....we can just set up a 10 gallon tank and everybody can throw a frag of there baddest coral in on top of each other and see what happens...I'M bringing a hollywood stunner....bump the hangover now,i'm watching Rocky...and makin a new theme song,'' The Eye of The Chalice''........

OP
OP
Tomoko Schum

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now guys, no highjacking :hell_boy: Aren't we supposed to be admiring my goniopora? When did we get derailed here? We did not even have a help from beaslbob. :amazed: Oops, you beat me to it, beaslbob ;)

Yerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now guys, no highjacking :hell_boy: Aren't we supposed to be admiring my goniopora? When did we get derailed here? We did not even have a help from beaslbob. :amazed: Oops, you beat me to it, beaslbob ;)

oh Tomoko your one to talk about highjacking!! :bigsmile:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back