My New Frag Glue

Yellowtang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Radio control airplane builders use lots of super glue. You can go to a hobby shop and get a type called Gap filling thats quite thick and will work good for fragging.
It's also quite reasonable in price. Ace Hardware usually caries Zap super glue, which
has a version called Zap a Gap, which is thick also.

JR,

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At Michaels they sell "Metal and Jewelry" Glue it is 100% the same as BSI %100 Ethyl Cyanoacrylate and its only $4-5 for big tube.

RaysReef

Shazaam Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've actually tested their product...*FAIL* The thickest glue they have is thin compared to mine.

Here's a comparison in thickness...The one on the left that is thin is the *thick version* of CA and mine is on the right and the top is the GEL. All applied at the same time and then vertically standing for about 10 sec. when I took the pic.

DSC00583.jpg

Here's another comparison from *Left* Ray's Reef Glue to *Right* CA thick glue and also comparable to other leading coral glue out on the market.

DSC00581.jpg

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to using this stuff that Harry sent out for me to try out and report on.

I like the viscosity of it. It is thicker so I can "plop" the frags on top, dip them in water and throw them in the tank right away.
It is a little thicker than IC Gel which I use all the time.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 80 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.0%
Back