My New Frag Glue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harry_Y
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Radio control airplane builders use lots of super glue. You can go to a hobby shop and get a type called Gap filling thats quite thick and will work good for fragging.
It's also quite reasonable in price. Ace Hardware usually caries Zap super glue, which
has a version called Zap a Gap, which is thick also.

JR,
 
At Michaels they sell "Metal and Jewelry" Glue it is 100% the same as BSI %100 Ethyl Cyanoacrylate and its only $4-5 for big tube.
 

I've actually tested their product...*FAIL* The thickest glue they have is thin compared to mine.

Here's a comparison in thickness...The one on the left that is thin is the *thick version* of CA and mine is on the right and the top is the GEL. All applied at the same time and then vertically standing for about 10 sec. when I took the pic.

DSC00583.jpg


Here's another comparison from *Left* Ray's Reef Glue to *Right* CA thick glue and also comparable to other leading coral glue out on the market.

DSC00581.jpg
 
I finally got around to using this stuff that Harry sent out for me to try out and report on.

I like the viscosity of it. It is thicker so I can "plop" the frags on top, dip them in water and throw them in the tank right away.
It is a little thicker than IC Gel which I use all the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new