My New Frag Glue

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a bottle of Gorilla Glue Super Glue.

It is thicker than regular Super flue but not as thick a Gel. It works well
and is easier to use than regular super glue since it is not so runny.

Attachments

• Glue.jpg
    Glue.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 146

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a model glue (cyanoacrylate) from Hobby Lobby lately. $5 for a bottle of it and it goes a good ways. It sounds as though it is similar to the Gorilla Glue in consistency (not as thin as Super glue, but not nearly as thick as super glue gel). For flat pieces, it works great. For sticks, I have to prop them up for a minute or so. Then it bonds pretty hard, though. Got over 100 frags glued down with one bottle:).

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always use the gorilla super glue. $5 but its a good size bottle and it doesn't glue itself closed all the time. HD and lowes sell it. The best I've used

nicks387

Premium member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem with the loctite brand is you don't really that that much in the bottle.

You could also try Zap CA Thick Glue from the hobby store

If you are using loc tite, you need to cut open the bottle and you will find its just a small tube of gel inside of it, you can then squeeze the tube and get twice as much out of it as you would not taking it apart. Its a waste if you dont know this.

OP
OP
Harry_Y

Harry_Y

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using loc tite, you need to cut open the bottle and you will find its just a small tube of gel inside of it, you can then squeeze the tube and get twice as much out of it as you would not taking it apart. Its a waste if you dont know this.

Yep and that is why I don't use it.

You are paying for a piece of plastic.

Mavjoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually use Loc tite super glue but got the Gorilla Super Glue(clear one) today 'cause of the price and quantity.

RaysReef

Shazaam Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its actually pricey...the 1 oz. bottle is only filled half way 15g for $5. But again IC gel is @ .7 oz for $7-$8

There's actually a new line of glue I've been using and selling "Rays Reef Fragging Glue" 2 oz. Bottle and its actually filled to 2 oz. not half the bottle. A few members *midwest area* have tried it and have gotten rave reviews. Its not Gel and not your watery super glue. Great for underwater as well ;)

Last edited:
Back