My new IM 100 ext

Geoology

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to start my new build tread for my new Innovative Marine 100 ext. It will be on there APS stand. This will be a slow build as I have my red sea 250 up and running now so I am not in a crazy hurry. The tank is in the garage waiting on me.

Here is a list of what I have so far for the tank.

IM 100ext
2x Radion XR 15's with mounts
2x MP40's
vectra m2
reef octopus regal 150sss
regal bio pellet reactor

Items coming over from existing tank
Apex
kalk stirrer
cor 15 (will run manifold for reactors and such)
trigger platinum 26 sump
and can't forget all the aptasia that will come over from the rock!

Things I would still like to get are
carbon/gfo reactor. One of the nicer ones that stand on there own not there own.
Can't decide on a 3rd xr15 or t5 hybrid
trident for the apex

20220428_183831.jpg

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking forward to your progress. i have a 75 ext arriving tomorrow. pretty excited but dreading the transfer.

i have a bunch of Aiptasia in my overflow but only two big ones in my display that my copperhead doesn't want to peck at. the CBB clears any medium to small buggers but the two big ones it won't touch.

when i transfer i will pull the rock and torch them with my little solder torch. i'll damage a little of my encrusting monti in that area but worth getting rid of those two beasts. i would try kalk paste on them since it works great, but they are in a somewhat hidden area and i can't get to them with Kalk at the moment.

keep us posted on your progress

tivo

OP
OP
G

Geoology

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking forward to your progress. i have a 75 ext arriving tomorrow. pretty excited but dreading the transfer.

i have a bunch of Aiptasia in my overflow but only two big ones in my display that my copperhead doesn't want to peck at. the CBB clears any medium to small buggers but the two big ones it won't touch.

when i transfer i will pull the rock and torch them with my little solder torch. i'll damage a little of my encrusting monti in that area but worth getting rid of those two beasts. i would try kalk paste on them since it works great, but they are in a somewhat hidden area and i can't get to them with Kalk at the moment.

keep us posted on your progress

tivo
I actually received the tank a month and half ago. But decided that I wanted to try and get the aptasia under control. I first put in nudibrachs and let the be in the tank for a little over a month and nothing. I added a file fish a week ago and he has yet to eat any that I can see a difference. Next will be either a copperband or peppermint shrimp. Was a little more worried with the copperband and coral.

Gonna try and update the new tank a little more then the first build thread.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back