My new Mandarin...

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! So I finally got the one fish that I really got into saltwater fish over. A spotted mandarin goby. I was always afraid of them as I've seen a lot of people struggle. But, I have an extremely healthy pod population and always have. But moreso now thanks to Algae Barn's contest and adding a half gallon of pods to the system. I also have a refugium for their safe haven to allow the population to greatly increase. It wasn't on my agenda today, I just happened to see this beautiful fish and decided it was time. He was active, fat n happy, and a personality on top of it all. I got him acclimated this afternoon and settled into the DT. He's been swimming around in his little personal bubble today nipping at the rocks and sand so that makes me feel good that he's already nibbling away in his new home. Don't tell my other fish how much I'm liking this little guy. Lol
I will get a better pic here tomorrow, but he/she (unsure and once I know, would like to add another for a mated pair). It's a 90display up for a year and 5 months, with a 14 gal fuge loaded with pods n snacks so I'm feeling very confident.
IMG_7404.JPG

Hi ReeferMaddness843,

Congratulations to you! Looking so amazing:)
Was it difficult to get it?

Zhenya

OP
OP
ReeferMaddness843

ReeferMaddness843

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ReeferMaddness843,

Congratulations to you! Looking so amazing:)
Was it difficult to get it?

Zhenya
Thanks! He's doing really well and always picking out the rocks and sand. Super healthy appearance and a personality to boot. Was actually as easy as walking into one of my LFS and watching him for a few and asking a few questions about him. Then making the decision I had to have him. Thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back