My new ORA Derasa!

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,707
Reaction score
2,312
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this guy up from BRS when they had the ORA sale a while back. The southern deep freeze delayed his shipment for a while, but he finally made it yesterday. It was supposed to be 2.5”, but it’s probably pushing 3-3.5”. Super healthy with 0 hitchikers that I’ve found. Did the 15 minute float in the bag then the 45 minutes fast drip acclimation. Put him in last night right at lights out.

This morning he was already attached to the bottom glass and situated himself a little differently than I placed him. I have live phytoplankton on an auto doser and he’s getting peak 150-175 PAR at midday. So far so good! And the fact that he’ll get big makes my argument with the boss lady for a bigger tank better! 😆

IMG_2961.jpeg
IMG_2962.jpeg
IMG_2963.jpeg
IMG_2964.jpeg
 
Looks nice! Dose phyto for the tank, not the clam. If you don't James Fatherree's book, pick it up from Amazon.
I do and have been for the last few months. The tank just looks better with love phyto dosing.
 
Great looking clam and amazing plate coral hiding in the background there!

I See You Nod GIF by Yellowstone
 
He’s still doing very well! He did turn himself 90 degrees after I put some more sand around him. The added sand seemed to make him happier too. I’m very, very pleased with this guy. Looking forward to eventually moving him to my upcoming bigger tank.
IMG_3031.jpeg
 
Looks sick! I live how thinly striped it is
 
I came across a deal on another tiny ORA Derasa, so I couldn’t help myself. Luckily I’ll be moving everything over to a bigger tank in the next couple of months once it’s stable. Similar color but the stripes are completely different.
IMG_3083.jpeg
IMG_3084.jpeg
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new