My New Pisces EXO Lid!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lid took a little longer to get because of the COVID madness, but it was totally worth the wait! I was a little nervous it might not make it all the way to Alaska in one piece, but it did. Looks great on my tank- much better than the Home Depot DIY lid I made years ago.

Enjoy!

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lid took a little longer to get because of the COVID madness, but it was totally worth the wait! I was a little nervous it might not make it all the way to Alaska in one piece, but it did. Looks great on my tank- much better than the Home Depot DIY lid I made years ago.

Enjoy!

How many days did it take to get it ? I put an order in for one on the 14th of April for my SCA cube.

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might want to ask for another middle support in case your breaks. Unfortunately they will charge you for it.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope that didn’t costs more than your tank. Mind sharing how much? I am thinking about getting one but spending around $175 for a lid just little hard to justify but will see. Nice btw

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just shipped. I waited about 70 days to get it made
That’s one thing I don’t get it, it literally takes a few hours if that to put together. I don’t think there have hundred of orders waiting in line. I guess the longer the wait, makes it special?

Chipper1978

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looks great! I just ordered one myself. Here are the current wait times listed in their site...
51312E54-1EE6-4EF6-9868-E58D261038D1.png

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if materials are already in the shop and equipments are set, I don’t see how a lid can’t be completed within 2 hours. Same thing with one of the holsters I have ordered, took over a month! Talk me out!

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do, actually, have hundreds of orders in the queue.

The process of making a completely custom, made to order lid certainly takes quite a bit more time and effort than two hours. Starting and ending, as always, with protracted customer service.

Should you ever order, I hope that you will find the services provided to be much more, in the end, than just a lid.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We do, actually, have hundreds of orders in the queue.

The process of making a completely custom, made to order lid certainly takes quite a bit more time and effort than two hours. Starting and ending, as always, with protracted customer service.

Should you ever order, I hope that you will find the services provided to be much more, in the end, than just a lid.
Fair enough, just curious usually how many staffs work at the shop prior to the pandemic, I just want to do my math.

SifuMemphis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s one thing I don’t get it, it literally takes a few hours if that to put together. I don’t think there have hundred of orders waiting in line. I guess the longer the wait, makes it special?

As mentioned above, each lid is made differently. My lid for for a 150g tank, but I had special requests on where the holes should be, light mounting etc etc.

I looked into 2-3 other places that made lids and their estimates were around 4-6 weeks as well. While Clearview lids lead times were slightly longer, I just went with the place that had the most feedback / reviews. I can't speak much on quality yet since I did not get it in (Thursday is ETA).

VJM 21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned above, each lid is made differently. My lid for for a 150g tank, but I had special requests on where the holes should be, light mounting etc etc.

I looked into 2-3 other places that made lids and their estimates were around 4-6 weeks as well. While Clearview lids lead times were slightly longer, I just went with the place that had the most feedback / reviews. I can't speak much on quality yet since I did not get it in (Thursday is ETA).
After 9 months, my lid still looks as good as the day I got it - very high quality product. I also received excellent customer service. As to some of the comments about time and cost...they have a very small staff. I don’t remember exactly, but I think it’s less than five people. You get what you pay for, and any custom-made product takes time.

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put in a request 3 weeks ago... Have not even a response...

James, we make every effort to respond to every email within 1 business day...even if only to say we need a bit more time to fully address it. Its fairly safe to say, that for whatever reason, we simply must have not received your inquiry. Not sure how you sent it, but please do resend it to us at [email protected] and we will get back to you promptly.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back