OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, this Toadstool has more than tripled in size since I got it. I don’t have the heart to re home it because the Clowns spend a lot of time in it during the day ( and sleep under it at night). Just going to let it do it’s thing. It doesn’t seem to be bothering anyone.
5F45BC61-EEDE-439E-9D58-65C1F1320E69.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, this Toadstool has more than tripled in size since I got it. I don’t have the heart to re home it because the Clowns spend a lot of time in it during the day ( and sleep under it at night). Just going to let it do it’s thing. It doesn’t seem to be bothering anyone.
If you do decide to get rid of it, let me know. I have some small ones rolling along and am in the process of setting up a 100% softie tank for the wife.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:) :cool:
If you do decide to get rid of it, let me know. I have some small ones rolling along and am in the process of setting up a 100% softie tank for the wife.
:oops:i was thinking of you when i read this...;):cool:

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike,

During the developement of your tank, Whats your recommendation for powerhead placement?
I have one on the back glass in the corner by the false wall, about half way down and blowing on the back of the rock structure. It’s not visible at all. The second one is on the glass across from the false wall just below surface. It blows at the front glass and bounces current into the front of the rock structure. My return pump is a Sicce 1.0 and that turns a Spin Stream nozzle. Lots of water movement in my little tank.
Both of my power heads are set on “pulse” To create a natural looking current.
Hope this helps and Thanks for checking out my build.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t posted here in a while. Tank is doing great with minimal maintenance and we approaching the one year anniversary of startup.
The Toadstool is now about 5 times the size it was when first introduced after its recent “growth spurt”. I don’t have the heart to re home it because that would make the Clowns very depressed. They have taken up residence in it and usually only leave it to eat.
SPS are still growing, although slowly.
I’ll try to get some updated pix later today.

mjszos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here ya go Steve & John!
Pic quality is not so good right now. The house is a weird color inside because we just had a crazy storm and the sky is a yellowish green!
49E7ED62-F289-4578-81C1-3617A0CA9C9D.jpeg
8BCA284D-8F8B-4CEB-9F26-10B784066D67.jpeg
Holy cow - I'm running the same tank currently and this is absolutely staggering. All of my frags started off as little lumps and are slowly starting to fill in. Incredible work, following along to see where it goes! Love all of the photos you've posted.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow - I'm running the same tank currently and this is absolutely staggering. All of my frags started off as little lumps and are slowly starting to fill in. Incredible work, following along to see where it goes! Love all of the photos you've posted.
Thank You!
Its been a fun journey so far.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back