OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeded the tank with Tisbe Pods tonite. Should help to keep things clean and tidy and add some bio-diversity to the system. Pumps go back on in 10 minutes.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the new zoas! That reminds me, I probably need to go grab some pods soon. My LFS has been out lately!
I’ve never dozed pods before. I always relied on what was “naturally” living in the rock and sand bed. I’m hoping I didn’t over do it. I put the entire 8oz container in the DT. Pretty small tank.

Ive been having a “brainstorm “ lately. I’m looking for a branching piece of sandblasted grapevine to suspend over the tank and cover it in air plants. I just need to find the right piece that won’t block the light. Should look cool!

RobW

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the tinkering continues. With the skimmer that is made for the little Fluval Evo, the collection cup is just out there for “all the world to see”! Didn’t like that so I vinyl wrapped three sides of the square cup leaving one side uncovered so I can monitor the level. Looks much better now.
I think my wife can tell I’m getting antsy. She asked me this morning if I want to go to the fish store in Nashville this weekend and look at frags. Well, DUH! Yeah I do!
15E27076-3527-49A4-8F67-6076F37F52F7.jpeg
I have that skimmer on mine... pain in the bum. I ended up changing out the big foam nitrate sponge that comes with that tank to an InTank brand media basket for the middle chamber. Works much better. Comes with a little block off for the hole in the lower center of the black back wall to change the way the flow moves through the chamber. I also opted to get rid of the lid and mounted two kessil a80 tuna blues. Much better lighting.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got rid of the skimmer. Couldn’t seem to get it dialed in. Went with the chamber #1 basket and never looked back.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang looks great!

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some maintenance done this morning.
Water change, floss and 50 micron pad change, heater and UV cleaning and covered the tank to mist the air plants. Good to go for a few days now.
Two things I’ve noticed.
1. Every time I do ANYTHING with the tank, the Toadstool throws a tantrum.
2. After seeding with Tisbe Pods on Saturday, my sand bed already looks a lot cleaner.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back