Mike from TN

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New stuff arrived!
I just acclimated and placed them. Once the crabs are finished “investigating “ them, hopefully they will open for a good picture.
A0244C30-4117-421B-9172-F0EA0D3037BF.jpeg

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fireworks still not opening. I did some research on Cloves, which I’ve never had before and a lot of people say it could take days to even a week for them to adjust and open.
I moved the new GSP off of the “false wall” and now I have a glob of super glue there that won’t budge and is right out in clear view! :mad:

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fireworks still not opening. I did some research on Cloves, which I’ve never had before and a lot of people say it could take days to even a week for them to adjust and open.
I moved the new GSP off of the “false wall” and now I have a glob of super glue there that won’t budge and is right out in clear view! :mad:
Mine like similar flow you give to torches. Hopes this helps. I also keep them near the bottom of my stock light Biocube. They opened for me in about a day.

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You!
A few were purchased online but most came from my LFS in Nashville.

Hopefully, will be making a trip to Nashville in May and making the LFS rounds. I'm sure I'll have a cooler with me. I've been known to buy frags in Jacksonville, FL (mom and brother) and drive them 500 miles home in a cooler!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully, will be making a trip to Nashville in May and making the LFS rounds. I'm sure I'll have a cooler with me. I've been known to buy frags in Jacksonville, FL (mom and brother) and drive them 500 miles home in a cooler!
wait... I thought we was out of room? :p

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MAYBE TOMORROW????
WHO KNOWS!!!!
Its been a week. At least I know they are alive.
Ive never had any coral take this long to open but I refuse to give up on them.
0EF796BC-7AF9-41AC-919C-6D8FC97FF288.jpeg
I may have to bring my cooler for those, too! ;Happy

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The large leathers you have, do they just stop growing at the stop of the water? Or are you trimming them?
I hope they stop growing at some point. The biggest one on the left side is out of control. It’s almost twice the size it was when I got it.
84577BD6-89A8-4B1D-ACB1-7C7E3A10C1E1.jpeg

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope they stop growing at some point. The biggest one on the left side is out of control. It’s almost twice the size it was when I got it.
84577BD6-89A8-4B1D-ACB1-7C7E3A10C1E1.jpeg
I feel like this is a sneak peek into season 2, in the series of Mike from TN build thread. Lol

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like this is a sneak peek into season 2, in the series of Mike from TN build thread. Lol

bigger tank is in future... ;)
crystal ball cmt GIF by The Ed Bassmaster Show
crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme
;):cool:
Never know?
No more OR larger tanks until we get our parking area paved and then the new floors. I’m not even looking forward to moving the little Evo to have the floors done.

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t updated in a while!
Fireworks cloves are STILL slow to fully open. Every day they open a little more.
Bad news is that I found another (3rd one since tank has been up and running’ Zoa eating Nudi.
Good news is that RFA’s will eat them like candy if you place it in their tentacles.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi you need to pull and dip all your zoas in temperate freshwater ,leave in 1 min twist and shake adults off ,repeat one a week for 3 weeks for newly hatched eggs,they will multiply fast and knock out all your zoas..:oops:
you know ppe be careful..but no time to waste..;)do in black bowl so you can see which ones they come off of if you seen 3 there are 30 in there if not more..:(sorry this sucks ,i know been there..:)

OP
OP
Mike from TN

Mike from TN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi you need to pull and dip all your zoas in temperate freshwater ,leave in 1 min twist and shake adults off ,repeat one a week for 3 weeks for newly hatched eggs,they will multiply fast and knock out all your zoas..:oops:
you know ppe be careful..but no time to waste..;)do in black bowl so you can see which ones they come off of if you seen 3 there are 30 in there if not more..:(sorry this sucks ,i know been there..:)
That is going to be very difficult because all of my Zoa’s have grown together over the rock structure. Can’t really remove them anymore. My only defense at this point is to just watch for them and catch them when I see them.
The first two were in the very beginning, it’s been months and this one just showed up. Not really sure what their gestation period is.
I’ll bet SOMEONE has an answer! @footgal

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is going to be very difficult because all of my Zoa’s have grown together over the rock structure. Can’t really remove them anymore. My only defense at this point is to just watch for them and catch them when I see them.
The first two were in the very beginning, it’s been months and this one just showed up. Not really sure what their gestation period is.
I’ll bet SOMEONE has an answer! @footgal
Okay I think we’re talking about nudi’s right? With a zoa encrusted onto your aquascape that’s not gonna be easy to fix. I suggest manual removal of as many adults as you can find (look in the day and at night with a flashlight for at least 2-3 weeks) and get a natural predator. Wrasses are good. Good luck

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back