My new Red Sea tank

WMCWINGS186

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2025
Messages
8
Reaction score
30
Location
Omaha
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm entering day 4 of my Red Sea Reefer 350G2+ tank being up and running. So far absolutely no issues assembling the stand, placing the tank, hooking up the plumbing, etc. We "built" the rock work and placed Fiji Pink sand and then filled with water. I've got a 2 heater system going with a Helio controller, and a ReefWave Gyer pump utilizing the ReefBeat app for control. I've got the overflow rate adjusted to be absolutely silent. Not impossible to obtain, just be patient. The only noise is the water flowing in the sump.

I'm following the Dr Tim's cycle method. Again, so far so good.

Thank for watching and I'll post more as time goes by.

IMG_0027.jpeg IMG_0028.jpeg IMG_0029.jpeg
 
What are your plans in terms of livestock and coral? Aquascape looks great!
 
Generally a mixed reef. Not going to specialize in any one coral. We like several different fishes and mostly soft corals.
 
Wishing you good luck and happy reefing!

And I don't want to alarm you on your beautiful happy first steps, but since it is Red Sea...

Be on the lookout for any air pockets or any questionable seal problems within the front pane silicone. Red Sea aquariums are notorious for their front pane seal failure that could cause a catastrophe.

Again, not saying it will happen. I hope it never happens to anyone. But just wanted you to be aware so that you can catch it before your whole living room is flooded.
 
I believe that was more of the previous generation. I just got my 350g2 running and all transferred from my temp tank. Best of luck to both of us
 
Hopefully this one makes it past 4 years.
I’ve got the 350 with reinforced seams, and it still failed. That was actually the replacement for my original G1, where the front panel seam peeled.

Make sure you register it for the 5yr warranty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new