My New Reef Project ( WB AIO 25 Peninsula)

OP
OP
Luckki

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have a little bit of an update, I have been testing area after area but I finally have something! A Dino there are more but they are out numbered by the diatoms significantly. From what I can tell based on the size of the 40-60 micron diatom next to it that this is most likely Amphidinium (small cell). IMG_1906.jpeg IMG_1902.jpeg IMG_1909.jpeg

I meant to post this in my other thread, but since this is my build this is important too.
Every tank has its' good and bad things. This is just a challenge that I have been presented with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Luckki

Luckki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small update. The Zoanthids have started to open again, I still have a diatom outbreak on my sand. I have however got my Dinos under control. I used a turkey baster to remove them from the surfaces and then used Chemiclean to pull them from the water column. My snails started to move around a lot more the green algae is being consumed from the rocks. The copepod population is booming and the fish are happy. Nitrates are about 25 ppm and phosphates are about .12 ppm a little high but I think that is fine for the time being since I have to do a few more 20% water changes to get the system back to where it was since the Chemiclean was added.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.2%
Back