OP
OP
T

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is a noob question, but what do you do if you need to get your hands into the tank to do something that'll take more than a second or two? Any precautions outside of gloving up? Just curious.

I actually gloved up for this video and I NEVER wear gloves haha. I have the big full arm coralife gloves...I'm pretty sure these wouldn't help either way if I was stung since spines can go right through wet suits. I'm trying to keep my hands out of the tank now, I even bought julian's thing today, I can't wait to use it!

When I use the net the leaf doesn't seem as defensive, but when I'm adjusting corals my leaf acts like he wants to kill me...his spines get erect and he leans in my direction. Always remember their spines are for defense, so as long as you aren't trying to grab them everything is fine. When wanting to work on a coral next to them, just use a net to lightly push them along. My Fu and Leaf HATE when the snails want to clean by their fins..it's like "HEY I'M TRYING TO HIDE HERE!!!"

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking you'd have those and wondering if they'd be any good.

And people complain their clownfish nips at them when their hands are in the tank...LOL! Keep those videos coming!!

OP
OP
T

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this is a noob question, but what do you do if you need to get your hands into the tank to do something that'll take more than a second or two? Any precautions outside of gloving up? Just curious.

So any precaution would be just to know where they are. I would be much more worried about a foxface or a very aggresive tang.

It's really hard to find info on venomous fish on the net compared to everything else, but I found a site called lionfish lair which is amazing, but very inactive it seems.

PS I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!!

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice tank!

FYI in the future you can post your uploaded images as a full image instead of just a thumbnail. Look here:

upload%20full_zpszbccjt4y.jpg

OP
OP
T

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank!

FYI in the future you can post your uploaded images as a full image instead of just a thumbnail. Look here:

Just want to be clear, people can still click and see the same image that I'm seeing? I hope people aren't viewing only those tiny thumbnails!

ReefXotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank. I love cube tanks and actually have one myself. 60g cube that's 24"x24"x24" mixed tank. Good luck with your tank and keep up the great work!
image.jpg

Thanks guys on the compliments.
Sorry for the late reply. Just had a baby this week so it's been crazy! Luckily my tank is on auto :).

To answer your question, the pic of the rank was when it was 2 months old. It's even better now. I cycled my tank in 30 days with fresh livesand from the bag and existing liverock from my old tank. I dosed the hell out of it with live bacter and a bio-pellet reactor. Here's how it looks now after 6 months. All corals are healthy including the nem. I feed them 3 times a week with thawed out shrimp from the supermarket.

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on your baby! I can't view the pics...error comes up but I'm on my iPad so maybe that's why. I lost my nem last week (my profile pic) so I was just wondering. Your nem is a beauty!

Cheers!

ReefXotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Ezra. Sorry to hear about your nem. Feeding them is key as well along sure there are enough iodide. How did you lose it? Slowly or was it quick?

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It ate shrimp, but ever since day one, it wasn't always fully inflated and stayed hidden and deflated more than usual. Death took about a week and the process was quite disgusting, but sad nonetheless and probably all my fault in some way. Probably won't get another for a long time...

OP
OP
T

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brain coral use to be so pretty and it has turned a dark red / brown AGAIN...it previously did this with Marineland LEDs and it came back to color under T5HO. Either my brain HATES LEDs or it NEEDS red light.

Light fixtures aren't cheap...so I decided to just combine my old T5HO and the Kessil together! I hope it works out, the T5 kind of drowns out the LED light, but the shimmer is still there a little.

I'm having the Kessil at 10% color and 100% intensity combined with ATI (1)purple plus, (1or2) blue plus, (maybe) aquablue, and (1) coral plus *in the mail*

I hope this works out and brings my brain back as well as make others pop. Updated coral pics in the future...

MACNA 2015 worthy? :)
IMG_20150830_173143735_HDR.jpg

EzraZamir

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a red brain that also lost it's color a little under a Kessil. It was neon red under PC/actinic lights but it's now under a Tuna Blue Kessil, and it's dull but still very red, not brown at all and it's been under the LED for 4 months now. When I dial the light in to all blue, it glows but not as much as it used to. I wonder if the combo will give you an algae issue. I have my Kessil's at 80% for 3 hours in the day and my tank is 20" deep. Keep us posted...

OP
OP
T

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked this up from Marine Depot at MACNA...well worth it...cell phone pic taken under two blue+. This coral makes it looks like no other coral is even in the tank. I will take a digi cam pic tomorrow with brighter light.
IMG_20150904_181954586.jpg

OP
OP
T

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two cyphastrea at the top of the tank closed up with the LED at 100%, so I've lowed it to 50% and they are now always fully open.

I picked up this dendro last night and he devoured some pellets. I'm hoping to put him at the top near the candy cane...my fiance wants to put it upside down in the cave, but the lion loves it there =/
DSCF7046.JPG
DSCF7047.JPG

OP
OP
T

TomatoSauceTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the edit post option didn't go away so quickly!
Here is a picture of the new scoly being in the tank for a couple days and taken with a digital camera.
DSCF7050.JPG

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back