My new space invader coral!

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I finally got new space invader i always wanted. Its really beautiful looking coral i instantly fell in love!

2.jpg

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tenatcles are pretty short now. i wonder if they get longer.
They get really long at night. Check it out with a flash light a couple of hours after your lights go out. When I dose aminos at the same time as feeding the fish the sweepers will come out as well.

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They get really long at night. Check it out with a flash light a couple of hours after your lights go out. When I dose aminos at the same time as feeding the fish the sweepers will come out as well.
its been only two days and i only see short tentacles at night, mabye its adapting to new environment. I hope to see more crazy long tentacles!

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you look close you can see them. This is about an hour after feeding and they are starting to retract.
Space.jpeg
Wow your space invader is really huge with long tentacles! How often do you feed them?( mysis shrimp or reef roid) How big was it when u got it? It seems like not alot of reefers have huge piece of colony. Its really rare to see huge colony like yours.

jwshiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your space invader is really huge with long tentacles! How often do you feed them?( mysis shrimp or reef roid) How big was it when u got it? It seems like not alot of reefers have huge piece of colony. Its really rare to see huge colony like yours.
I quit spot feeding it to control its growth a little over a year ago. My LFS had one the size of a volleyball and this was a frag from it. They will be happy with any of the available coral foods, Reef Chili, Reef Roids, etc. Turn the pumps off when spot feeding to give it time to bring the food that is trapped in its mucus into its mouth. All mine gets now is aminos and fish poop. :)

PS: It was only two eyes when I bought it.

GreenreefSC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful coral. Be careful, they have really long sweeper tentacles that are pretty potent.
They do! I talked to a shop in Jacksonville that goes in at night and snips the long sweepers with scissors!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back