OP
OP
Reef Able

Reef Able

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its been a little over 3 months and the tank has settled in well..corals mostly sps have started to encrust, colour up and grow....I have attached quite a lot high end stuff to this tank with the hope of using my experience from my old tank and so far so good...enjoy the pictures...
b916003e53b2e1d594b1d8899e2d681a.jpg

OP
OP
Reef Able

Reef Able

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is now 4 month old since its inception on March 18th. Considering its an AIO tank with no sump (except for back chamber) it has come along really well...All my sps have coloured up, encrusting and growing well...The only change i have made to the tank is replace Radion G4 with 6 bulb ATI fixture/reefbrites...The tank holds a total of 8 fishes (3 wrasses (yellow corris, solaris and an orange back male), 2 pyjama cardinals, pair of Platinum Clowns and a Yellow Tang)...No matter how much i feed the nitrates stay under 1ppm...to raise nitrates a bit i don't change my filter floss for a week, this has worked for me as the sps love the low/little nutrients...

I was lucky recently to win a sweeeet auction from a friend/local lfs # Candy Corals on fb..the auction consisted an ultra blue Aussie Clam/Aussie Symphillia/Red and Blue Goniopora and a Rainbow Acan colony...(pics attached)...This weekend i am picking up some shrooms...pics and update to follow...

Here is a small story on Wrasses...They are smart and will find ways to jump..i had always read that but now i have experienced it twice.. in my case i was lucky both the times they jump straight into the back chamber where all the filtration happens...it was pain to catch them in there but still lucky not to loose them...i do keep lid on my tank however occasionally when i do maintenance they find a way to jump lol gotta be extremely careful...

Untill next update enjoy the pics...Thanks and happy reefing....

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG

Greenreef75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is looking awesome. Can you share details on your DIY cheato reactor?

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful aquarium.I love the "open top" look. Glad your wrasses were recovered.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%
Back