My new toy from Aqua Illuminations

Someone's gotta do the bumpity-bump on this thread. No action in two weeks? That can't be!
 
Action is hard to come by right now!!! Brett and I have been crazy busy.

Hopefully now that vacations are done we can get something done.

Thanks Tom, she turned the big 40!
 
No new updates til September, I sent the light back to AI so they can rig it for dimming. I didn't want to chance messing it up on such an expensive light.
 
cement block and I-beams

I noticed from your picture that you are using I-beams on cement blocks to support your tank. I'm planning a similar sized tank in the next two years and was thinking of the same setup. Looks like great access underneath.

Wondering what size I-beams you used and if you cemented the blocks together or in any way connected the I-beams to anything.

Thanks and planning on buying some of your corals when I am up and running.

Jeff
 
I noticed from your picture that you are using I-beams on cement blocks to support your tank. I'm planning a similar sized tank in the next two years and was thinking of the same setup. Looks like great access underneath.

Wondering what size I-beams you used and if you cemented the blocks together or in any way connected the I-beams to anything.

Thanks and planning on buying some of your corals when I am up and running.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Todd can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the I-Beams were about 4" square. The cement blocks were filled with cement. No mortar joints to throw the works out of level. Nothing other than all the compression forces holding the I-beams to the cement block...

Totally overbuilt... I could of made this stand out of 2 x 4's! It would look like a wooden roller coaster at cedar point... But this looks cool and you could put two or three more tanks on top of it! :bigsmile:
 
just found this old thread but.....I'm curious what ever happened to this can anyone share? were they a catastrophe? how come the idea just vanished:squigglemouth: or is someone still investigating this?
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new