My own opinion

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s my opinion that if I didn’t take the seahorses I find on my nets they would 100 percent die. Either gas bubble from being pulled up from bottom or a fish eating them on their way back to bottom when I put back in water. Or just be stepped on by crew member that didn’t see it. They blend in with deck. So if I bring them home and put them in a safe environment with no predators. Then good for them

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you collecting them from it sounds like it is a high human traffic area but seahorses don't generally inhabit those areas

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the ocean on my boat. I do commercial fishing
They are probably gonna be fine living in the ocean, they evolved to live there and have been there for millions of years, as for being stepped on I don't know but predators get some and miss some, its natural

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It IS TRUE that survivor-ship in nature is low, it is definitely better than 0% or we would have NO seahorses left anymore. This is IN SPITE of the harvesting of these creatures for medical benefits perceived by a large population of the world, and for the making of curios to sell to the unknowing public.
In fact though, the survival rate there is a WAY BETTER than that of ones in the seahorse keeping hobby.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back