My peppermint shrimp has eggs!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 19Mateo83
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2023
Messages
1,848
Reaction score
2,370
Location
Charlotte
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It’s things like this that make me love having a reef tank. Tonight I noticed my peppermint shrimp is loaded down with eggs. I know the fry won’t survive but at least they will be good food for the tank.
IMG_4331.jpeg
IMG_4334.jpeg
IMG_4335.jpeg


And…. An emerald crab actually doing emerald crab things :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
IMG_4340.jpeg


Lastly…. Scar, my royal gramma decided it was photoshoot time too
IMG_4327.jpeg
IMG_4317.jpeg
 
I keep some peppermints but have not seen any carrying eggs. It's pretty cool. I love the critters we can keep. The inverts were one of the things that attracted me over from the freshwater side.
This is a first for me too. It still amazes me every day how cool nature in a little glass box can be.
 
I have 2 that are always full of eggs. Everything once in a while I'll get a brief glimpse of a tiny red shrimp. I'm sure my fish are eating the bulk of them but it's still cool to see. I saw one of my emerald crabs the other night with eggs too.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new