My PicO II build!

Passaggper

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Location
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got bit by the reef bug after too many visits to my LFS so in January, I started planning my build. I now have my equipment and the tank is filled with BRS dry rock, a bit of LFS live rock and caribsea bimini pink live sand.





Equipment :bigsmile:
Kessil A150W Sky blue (10,000K) with gooseneck
PicO II with starphire display panels and glass lid
Koralia 425 and 240
Eheim Jager 50W
DA Reefkeeper Lite Controller
PicO aquariums 1W fuge light (used for viewing water level chamber)
DIY Stand

Testing:nerd:API Saltwater
RedSea Pro Reef Master
RedSea pro Phosphate
D-D H2Ocean refractometer

I suppose I am still in planning mode as I've not fully decided on my stocking. I modeled my rock scape with superglue and AquaStik epoxy to get the look I wanted while providing plenty of real estate for coral. I expect it will be a mixed reef with one or two fish max as well as hermits and various other invertebrates. I've also left room for a small clam in the sandbed. I'd like a nice birdsnest up top, frogspawn or hammers and a fun feather duster or coco worm family. Whatever happens, I'm taking my sweet time so that I am not overwhelmed with maintenance all at once. Stick around and let me know what you think please.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 45 33.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new