my pic's are ether red or blue, I need help....

  • Thread starter Thread starter skinz78
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
21,938
Reaction score
637
Location
lovely rainy NW Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nikon Coolpix P80 point and shoot and I'm so frustrated with it that I don't even want to take pic's anymore..... So I need some help, my pic's are ether real red or real blue. I am using a combo of 3 ATI Blue plus and 3 ATI Aquablue Special T5 bulbs along with 2 blue Stunner Strips. I get a nice 14K color in the tank. There is absolutely no editing done in these pic's.

This pic is taken with a custom white balance. Using this the corals are really red. The SPS on the right is a ORA Bird of Paradise birdsnest, the large Acro next to it is a wild colony that I have had for quite a while. It is white based with purple tips and neon green polyps. Just above it in the top left corner you can see a mini colony of ORA Red Planet and below it are my Majicians polyps.

298069_301618469852455_100000129120650_1518917_655513906_n.jpg


Now this pic of the same corals is taken with the same camera but with using the auto white balance. It is really blue.

321604_301798073167828_100000129120650_1520413_1395802115_n.jpg


I can't get a nice custom white balance setting on the camera. If i put something white in the tank and set the WB to it it is extremely blue. Any suggestions.
 
Whatever the white object is that you put in in the tank, it shouldn't be glossy and should be angled to ensure that light is shining on it. Try putting the object at various depths when setting your custom white balance and then then it's just a matter of trial and error. With a bit of effort, you should be able get a good custom white balance.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new