My po4 is still at .06 please help

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always dose Phos RX into my skimmer and havent had any problems. Anyway. Yet another vote here for 0.06 ppm PO4 isnt going to cause mass browning. Ive run double that or more for months and months and had very colorful sps. Problem lies elsewhere.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always dose Phos RX into my skimmer and havent had any problems. Anyway. Yet another vote here for 0.06 ppm PO4 isnt going to cause mass browning. Ive run double that or more for months and months and had very colorful sps. Problem lies elsewhere.
0.06 was a typo
His po4 is 0.6

OP
OP
D

DrewBrees713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard LC will also consume po4 and alkalinity simultaneously. Guess imma have to try something else or maybe pull my LR full of po4.

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LC will not effect alk enough to worry about unless you are dosing a lot. Dose LC at half the needed dose to lower it from .6 to .05, wait a day and repeat. Slowly lower po4 dont do it all at once. Its a dose to lower it and you dont need to dose it again until po4 rises again. I would not dose daily unless I was having a bad po4 issue that was staying constant. A large water change is always a good way to reduce unwated nutrients as well.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it was crap

0.4-0.6 is high but I hate gfo and carbon dosing, they made my numbers perfect but made my corals white skeletons. I prefer lanthium chloride to bring down phosphates. You might actually not have enough par and they’re brown from being stressed and starved. I’m in the 713 as well. I can bring my par meter over to rule that out.
Desertreeft4r’s like earned me a Love It trophy
(500 likes)
Cool. Thank you sir

OP
OP
D

DrewBrees713

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LC will not effect alk enough to worry about unless you are dosing a lot. Dose LC at half the needed dose to lower it from .6 to .05, wait a day and repeat. Slowly lower po4 dont do it all at once. Its a dose to lower it and you dont need to dose it again until po4 rises again. I would not dose daily unless I was having a bad po4 issue that was staying constant. A large water change is always a good way to reduce unwated nutrients as well.

That really puts my mind at ease. My bro recently bought some expensive gfo and bragged about how much more efficient it works vs regular Gfo. Said he can give me some. Should i try give that a try or stick to the LC which i already have a bottle handy.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That really puts my mind at ease. My bro recently bought some expensive gfo and bragged about how much more efficient it works vs regular Gfo. Said he can give me some. Should i try give that a try or stick to the LC which i already have a bottle handy.

Give it a try, but gfo is a pain to use and maintain. If you enjoy cleaning reactors out be my guest. Some people don’t mind. That’s my least favorite thing to do in the hobby. LC is so much easier to use. I just drip it in my skimmer

YES

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually use gfo when needed to lower the po4 I don’t mind the maintenance of it but if you have a bottle already give it a try and if it doesn’t work then you can try gfo

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back