My poor little buddy

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I will must admit I’m procrastinating this project because I’m nervous and scared of my gorilla hands
That is one purpose of helper. . LOL

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get your daughter to help. Shes probably less scared than you lol. Big for nothing. Hahah
Ok it’s done and he’s back in his own tank. Hope did right followed direction to a tee but think might of rushed it because of nerves gonna keep eye on him n see how goes. He’s pretty stressed now hope he mellows out. To bad can’t give him some oregano first is video of him week ago second is today EA02A4A4-FE9B-4E9E-8E02-B979C2CCEA00.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0404.mov
    3.3 MB
OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok it’s done and he’s back in his own tank. Hope did right followed direction to a tee but think might of rushed it because of nerves gonna keep eye on him n see how goes. He’s pretty stressed now hope he mellows out. To bad can’t give him some oregano first is video of him week ago second is today EA02A4A4-FE9B-4E9E-8E02-B979C2CCEA00.jpeg
Hey vette how long do I leave med on before rinse I feel I’m going to fast. And his spirits seem good acting like himself but is still very dark in color but that’s all besides that he’s being himself he actually looks lonely by himself

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey vette how long do I leave med on before rinse I feel I’m going to fast. And his spirits seem good acting like himself but is still very dark in color but that’s all besides that he’s being himself he actually looks lonely by himself
About 60-90 sec

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Poor baby.
Ray jay can u please explain what Tail Rot is. And how it happens why it happens and can it keep going up the rest of his body. God I hope answer is no to that last part. I know I could Google it and get a dictionary answer. But I’d rather hear it from a person that actually has seahorses and feels the way I do about them. Just seeing Stumpy like this puts a lump in my throat and few tears fill my eyes till he’s blurry. I’m not afraid to admit that,, heck I’m 6-1 275lbs built like a brick shh house and a 4 inch seahorse makes me crumble

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ray jay can u please explain what Tail Rot is. And how it happens why it happens and can it keep going up the rest of his body. God I hope answer is no to that last part. I know I could Google it and get a dictionary answer. But I’d rather hear it from a person that actually has seahorses and feels the way I do about them. Just seeing Stumpy like this puts a lump in my throat and few tears fill my eyes till he’s blurry. I’m not afraid to admit that,, heck I’m 6-1 275lbs built like a brick shh house and a 4 inch seahorse makes me crumble

This is Stumpy 1st day I brought him home year n half ago I stepped on his tail ( but not fully I noticed him in time to not do full step) but got a piece of him anyway. As u can notice by pics of him today he grew pretty nicely and was always happy. And now we’re back to this

ECD747B2-E848-413B-BC53-28587BFEBC4E.jpeg

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is Stumpy 1st day I brought him home year n half ago I stepped on his tail ( but not fully I noticed him in time to not do full step) but got a piece of him anyway. As u can notice by pics of him today he grew pretty nicely and was always happy. And now we’re back to this

ECD747B2-E848-413B-BC53-28587BFEBC4E.jpeg
Uggh why o why the friging infection is going up tail farther this am. It’s like he’s being eaten alive from inside my heart is breaking I don’t even wanna go to work today. I knew I should never have named him,, because it made him family not just a seahorse that’s disposable. If it weren’t winter I would let him go in the bay so I don’t have to watch him die. The hardest part is not knowing if he’s in pain or what he feels like I just stare into his eyes and talk to him,, my wife thinks I’m on drugs, she’s like u know he doesn’t hear u or even understand what ur saying,,Well I say he does we have a bond. He’d always come to top of tank and Loved to get head and neck scratched and would stay for as long as I kept scratching. I love him,, but not in creepy way This is how I’ll always remember him

Attachments

• IMG_0404.mov
    3.3 MB

matchmakersmagic

Seahorse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically tail rot is a bacterial infection that needs swift antibiotic treatment and reduction of tank temp to arrest advancement. Think along the lines of flesh eating bacteria and how it destroys tissue. These bacteria are almost always present in our tanks. All it takes is a stressor and/or minor injury to take hold.

Treatment needs to begin ASAP to preserve as much healthy tissue as possible. The antibiotic treatments recommended are Triple Sulfa (Sulfa Plex, etc) combined with Furan II. These two used together are pretty effective. You can also use over the counter treatments in conjunction like betadine, topical allicin or even triple antibiotic ointment in a pinch.

I've seen seahorses who've lost most of their tail before the infection was controlled and it is heart breaking. The infection will travel until antibiotic therapy is well underway so its imperative to start treatment as soon as possible.

I hope your little guy recovers. Let us know how he does.

OP
OP
Paulie069

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been
Typically tail rot is a bacterial infection that needs swift antibiotic treatment and reduction of tank temp to arrest advancement. Think along the lines of flesh eating bacteria and how it destroys tissue. These bacteria are almost always present in our tanks. All it takes is a stressor and/or minor injury to take hold.

Treatment needs to begin ASAP to preserve as much healthy tissue as possible. The antibiotic treatments recommended are Triple Sulfa (Sulfa Plex, etc) combined with Furan II. These two used together are pretty effective. You can also use over the counter treatments in conjunction like betadine, topical allicin or even triple antibiotic ointment in a pinch.

I've seen seahorses who've lost most of their tail before the infection was controlled and it is heart breaking. The infection will travel until antibiotic therapy is well underway so its imperative to start treatment as soon as possible.

I hope your little guy recovers. Let us know how he does.
I have been applying Betadine two days 3x a day. He’s hard to hold still he’s very strong ( for a 4 inch seahorse ) and I’m afraid the medication will get on his gills or head he tries to roll up in fetal position when medicine is on his tail. Only last 15 to 20 seconds before I rinse him off and put back in tank by himself

Back