My pufferfish has a damaged eye

Porcupine Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2023
Messages
183
Reaction score
63
Location
Colorado springs
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my porcupine puffers left eye was scuffed up yesterday and I didn't know why, now just today I see that his left eye is now clouded, anything I can do?
20230830_155208.jpg
20230830_155210.jpg
 
my porcupine puffers left eye was scuffed up yesterday and I didn't know why, now just today I see that his left eye is now clouded, anything I can do?
20230830_155208.jpg
20230830_155210.jpg
Not unusual to see as they are somewhat clumsy, glass surf often injuring their eye and even in excitement when fed. this appears to be an injury and is best treated in quarantine using Maracyn AKA maracyn 1 0- Not maracyn Oxy for at least 5 days with added aeration using air stone. Ruby Rally Pro will work in display tank but take longer. Maracyn is best bet
 
my porcupine puffers left eye was scuffed up yesterday and I didn't know why, now just today I see that his left eye is now clouded, anything I can do?
20230830_155208.jpg
20230830_155210.jpg

Is the puffer still eating well? Only the right eye is affected? If so, I would say this is mechanical damage to its eye. Not sure how/why this would have happened, but if there are no other symptoms, it should heal on its own in a month or so.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new