My Radeon Light Fixture For Waterbox Peninsula 6025 Tank

Brewtoszek

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Catching up on posting some of the DIY projects i did for our Waterbox 6025 build, this one was from late last year. The fixture was designed to mount 3 Radeon XR15s, with room to grow if needed.

I wanted a modular design with a clean industrial look, so this is what i came up with. The materials are for sure overkill, i was planning to use aluminum but went with steel just because i had this leftover from another project.

An overview of the design -
There are 3 main parts, the wall mount which is attached to 2 studs in the wall, the vertical support which is attached to a ceiling joist above, and the rail which sits on little feet on the wall mount and is supported on the other end by the vertical support. All of the hardware is covered with 3d printed covers. There are 3d printed mounts for the lights which can be positioned along the rail, and locked into position with screws. I also made some wire management clips for the rail as well. Modularity of course comes from the rail, if i ever decided to mount additional lights, or a different type of light, or wanted to angle a light, etc, i could do so easily by making a new 3d printed mount.

I originally was going to weld the rails directly to the wall mount but later decided to have it rest on feet/bolt on for ease of installation, ie i could mount to the wall, mount the vertical support, and then lay the rail onto the wall support while i get the vertical support bolted on.

Here are some pictures from design to finished fixture.

1665755376589.png

1665755402307.png

1665755447654.png

1665755510495.png

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back