My rebuild 54 gallon corner

Corals under white light. Didn’t get pick of Duncan but it’s looking good feeding about every other day. Acan is feeding when I can catch it open before lights come on.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6173.jpeg
    IMG_6173.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6171.jpeg
    IMG_6171.jpeg
    273.5 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6170.jpeg
    IMG_6170.jpeg
    231.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_6169.jpeg
    IMG_6169.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6168.jpeg
    IMG_6168.jpeg
    244.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6167.jpeg
    IMG_6167.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6166.jpeg
    IMG_6166.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6172.png
    IMG_6172.png
    951 KB · Views: 54
Yes area so small no real skimmer fits in it. So I figure how hard can it be to grow algae and scrape it off. We’ll shall see.

Besides the light bulb has 3 modes being seedling, plant, and fruit. So it’s gotta be good.
 
Last edited:
While floating at the lake I thought to myself my diy Algae scrubber has a flow the algae will grow on glass of sump. got home sure enough algae already starting there may have to rethink or adapt. Sticking with bad news pretty sure clowns have brook. Started as not eating and haze of white on face. Still not eating and now see white on body. Treating with rally pro and crossing fingers.

Now on to good news my lovely yellow polyp has a new baby polyp visible and another bud starting. My purple green paly has new polyp fully emerged and a couple bud starting.. scan and Duncan both look good as do all corals.
 
Been dosing rally pro for 3 days we’ll see how clown does from here. New polyps are popping up. Put in a peachy orange ricordia. Acan looks good and eating. Duncan eats most every day.
 
Clown eating, fingers crossed. Duncan eating.
Plays that were more green are looking more cinnamon i.e. green center fading and those straight green some look almost entirely cinnamon. Temp stable 77 salinity stable. Nitrate stable
IMG_6286.jpeg
IMG_6285.jpeg
 
Big clown looking better and appetite is back. Palys that lost color appear to be getting color back slowly . Red algae starting to creep up. Had increases sunrise time so backed that off.

 
Some new additions that blue pathetic one was a freebie so we’ll see if it recovers
IMG_6405.jpeg
IMG_6404.jpeg
IMG_6402.jpeg
IMG_6401.jpeg
IMG_6403.jpeg
 
After a loved one chided me on rubble, big spaces without coral etc, I did a little rework move around etc. so the not so new and improved 54 restart is now rearranged just a little.

 
Duncan has 2 new heads emerging one is reallly like a polyp and not just a bud. Original acan has two new lobes on far side. Zoas and palys are still increasing in number. Up lights to 9 hours a day including 2 hours ramp up and 2 ramp down.

 
Increased lights intensity a bit more decreased ramp up down time. Snails are clearing algae on glass pretty fast. I have not cleaned side glass at all as I have to do it by hand. Nitrates down to .25. Everything seems happy and growing. Considering a montipora for center of tank where nothing is currently. Because if it ain’t broke throw something else in mix.

 
I went nuclear on tank. Tank exists in basement where teenager lives started worrying about palys and some freak thing like teenager party and some less smart kid licking coral or some other stupid thing. So pulled all palys out and put them in my future nano tank in my office. They were already spreading so I needed to act fast. Had to chip one live rock to stop spread .

Oh look more room in this tank for other scans and lps. Win win.

Duncan has added two more heads visible= 5 heads, with more bumps emerging. 1 acan has new baby growth.
 
I went nuclear on tank. Tank exists in basement where teenager lives started worrying about palys and some freak thing like teenager party and some less smart kid licking coral or some other stupid thing. So pulled all palys out and put them in my future nano tank in my office. They were already spreading so I needed to act fast. Had to chip one live rock to stop spread .

Oh look more room in this tank for other scans and lps. Win win.

Duncan has added two more heads visible= 5 heads, with more bumps emerging. 1 acan has new baby growth.
Glad the Duncan is growing like it is!
 
Hopefully going to another hobbyist house this week to get a few frags. I enjoy that part of reefing more it's like the old days.
 
Big changes today met up with local reefer and they hooked me up with trumpets, hammer, torch, and montipora. Pulled the remaining zoa's out except for one. And they have been now moved with the palys to temp Nano tank. Guess this means I have to start a second tank thread once I figure out how, where, and what that will be. Going to pull out a few rocks for nano tank and move the torch somewhere further away from hammer.

Hate to even show video because I still need move things around.

 
Starting to get things settled in

Added ATO looks like that will be nice.

 
Last edited:
Hopefully I'm done moving things around unless it gets moved by inhabitants. I have 3 different types of monti. From the reading it appears one is more than enough. Guess I'll see which one takes off or the one I like best and find new homes if the other pieces start to grow. Thus far I think I like the superman best.

I put in for the Tunze give away sure would be nice to add that to the reef.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new