My Redsea Issues

Jaydubb77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdi Y'all,
I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself and see if anyone else has ordered a new G2+ Reefer and was disappointed once it arrived? Without being super long winded, I recently got a S 700 G2+..Not one thing has gone right since the delivery and to be honest I'm dissappinted with the "upgrades" they made. While they took some precautions for safety it seems like they cut corners elsewhere to offset the costs. Someone chime in if Im wrong here!?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
J

Jaydubb77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for those, but my issues aren't breakcage related.

OP
OP
J

Jaydubb77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The build quality of a 6k tank. I can't even get the stand together because they drilled the holes in the wrong pattern! Then instead of including all white panels that I Ordered they cheaped out and only coated one side of the black ones to save money. Now let's talk about the cheap 1/8 plastic crap they want me to cover the back of the stand with. My G1 tank stand was built better. Am I being picky, without a doubt! But when you invest in such a thing it should come with quality parts, it's not a petco $99 tank we're talking about.

apista

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have owned two Redsea tanks over the years, a 525xl and g2 250.

The stands went together quite easily and I did not have any issues with holes drilled in the wrong place. Would I buy another not a chance, the stand is a disaster waiting to happen in my opinion. Why do they leave the front glass unsupported and use the absolute minimum of silcone.

Sounds like Redsea have cut more corners, they’ll never learn.

I now have a CADE and to be honest it’s solid but the stand is useable rubbish, slapped together junk with zero attention to detail. My stand was full of swarf, it came supplied with factory tooling marks/scratches, was very dirty and grimey and for the money not worth my time.

Waterbox, yeah no thanks, in my opinion the worst of the lot. Never owned one but there are several in the local stores. Particle board, unsupported front glass. They claim an aluminium stand but wow, what a flimsy hunk of rubbish.

The more we support these companies, the more junk they will deliver.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 40 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back