OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Birthday, that's awesome! I'm sure there's a story or 2...?

I'll see what I can come up with. :cool:

Happy Birthday PaulB’s tank and thank you Paul for adding insight & humor to so many folks here on R2R!
:)

What Humor? ;Bucktooth

pjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, been reading your reports and great tales for years. Congrats on the birthday!

Q: are you still feeding worms? Also... have you ever moved the tank?

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll see what I can come up with. :cool:

What Humor? ;Bucktooth

Dang Paul! Stilling getting the girls! Even if they’re cardboard, your still one opening most of us!

At least she enjoys your tank and will smile at it all day! Mine just complains...even before she complains, she wants to complain. Wish I had a lady like yours, maybe I could start spending money in this hobby with negative Nancy telling me otherwise...

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s incredible! What kind of maintenance do you? Water changes, sand bed cleaning! I think you used to collect sea water off shore, still do?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, been reading your reports and great tales for years. Congrats on the birthday!

Q: are you still feeding worms? Also... have you ever moved the tank?

Pjr, yes, I a, still feeding worms but now I use white worms instead of black worms. I moved the tank in 1980 and last year to my new home on eastern Long Island.

I can't get live black worms here so I raise white worms. White worms stay alive in salt water for 5 days.

Alan when the tank is 50 I may give them another portion of white worms or take the tank on vacation with me to Tahiti and let my fish swim around in the ocean for a while. :D

Phil, I don't do much maintenance and I change some water maybe 5 times a year.
I stir the gravel once or twice a year and suck out the detritus with a diatom filter to prevent my reverse undergravel filter from clogging.

My tank thread starts here in 2011, https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tank-birthday-47-years.55423/

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
weeks ago no sign of any issues at all. The male is fine along with all my other fish. First indication of something was wrong when she stopped laying then a couple of weeks later stopped feeding.
Today I decided to add an immature juvenile clown. The male is showing off shaking and perhaps trying to coax it into the nem. The little guy has probably never seen a nem before so this could take a while. Been in now an hour.
20201010_153950.jpg

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am not normally much of a tang lover as Paul knows but the LFS I bought my new little clown in which incidentally has settled in well with the male accepting it had a nice half black mimic tang in. I went back this morning and bought it. This tang is about 3" and showing it adult colours. Anyway it settled in very quickly and is picking at the sand, rock's and back glass. They told me they have had it in 2 weeks. From reading up they are supposed to be suseptical to itch, we shall see but I wager itch won't be a problem. Here is a pic I managed to take in the dealers tank.
20201011_114134.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, I don't like tangs either as I find them very boring. I have a Hippo tang because I really like the color and find them not quite as boring, but still not a very interesting fish.
Now a Clingfish, thats more my speed.

Those colors really Pop!!!!

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to agree Paul, but, I liked the colours in this one as well and it's one of the smaller of the tangs out there. I will take a pic or two once it's fully settled although it looks fully settled in now after 4 hours.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back