My reef tank

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, folks will ask for as much information as you can provide in order that they can best help you.
Good luck!!!
GifMeme 07122020152034.gif

Upvote 0

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short answer is Absolutly not. I don't know of any fish in the world that can't tolerate nitrate levels .50ppm. Most of the community you will come to find is of the opinion that your nitrates need to be as close to zero as possible. I find that even the most sensitive of coral and fish can tolerate levels of nitrate .25-.50 with absolutely zero issue. The key is swings. You don't want a swing of any kind. If you don't want your .50ppm nitrates to go from that to zero over night. Or any of your other parameters for that matter. Keep your tank consistent and make changes very slowly. Your fish will be fine. Doesn't matter how big your tank is or what kind of fish it is or how you cycled your tank. If your tank has been cycled and you do weekly or biweekly water changes you will be just fine. Good luck. 9
In my experience the people that are alway having issues are the ones always chasing parameters. Nitrate does not become toxic to fish until it reaches very high levels. I would argue that you could keep your fish at 100ppm nitrate and it would be fine.
Welcome. I think he said NITRITE

Nitrite is a toxic waste material found in varying concentrations in most aquariums. ... Regular testing for nitrite is important because even low levels of nitrite affect the red blood cells of fish, reducing their ability to carry oxygen, thus causing suffocation and fish death.

Upvote 0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%
Back