My Renegade Peppermint Shrimp

officialreefbros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 15, 2021
Messages
1,045
Reaction score
2,918
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I order 3 peppermint shrimp for my new tank. I just love their striped look and wanted them to be the first things in my tank so they would be comfortable before getting first. There always seems to be a lot of drama around if they are REAL peppermint shrimp or not so I was like ok, I'll order ORA ones to be safe. I put a nice little note in my order being like, hello can I get small ones please. It's a small tank and new tanks so why not start them small. Finally a bit later they arrive looking like total beef cakes, but whatever they are still nice looking peppermint shrimp. I acclimate, all the normal stuff and add them on in. Two of them hang out in a great spot together, behave perfectly, are the apples of my eye. The number 3 of the trio is the trouble maker. This DUDE keeps running into my filter chamber. It swims up into the surface skimer, wiggles through the filter floss and hangs out on the bio balls. Every other day I have to keep fishing this guy out and he just keeps swimming in there! Is he just the ultimate bro and trying to not third wheel the other two? Do they pair and HAVE to have even numbers? Did he hit his head a few too many times during shipping? I swear he waits till I feed him and then when I walk away swims into the chamber. Long story short I'm working on naming the trio. Top ideas are Huey, Dewey and Louie or Ed, Edd, and Eddie. Thoughts?
 
So I order 3 peppermint shrimp for my new tank. I just love their striped look and wanted them to be the first things in my tank so they would be comfortable before getting first. There always seems to be a lot of drama around if they are REAL peppermint shrimp or not so I was like ok, I'll order ORA ones to be safe. I put a nice little note in my order being like, hello can I get small ones please. It's a small tank and new tanks so why not start them small. Finally a bit later they arrive looking like total beef cakes, but whatever they are still nice looking peppermint shrimp. I acclimate, all the normal stuff and add them on in. Two of them hang out in a great spot together, behave perfectly, are the apples of my eye. The number 3 of the trio is the trouble maker. This DUDE keeps running into my filter chamber. It swims up into the surface skimer, wiggles through the filter floss and hangs out on the bio balls. Every other day I have to keep fishing this guy out and he just keeps swimming in there! Is he just the ultimate bro and trying to not third wheel the other two? Do they pair and HAVE to have even numbers? Did he hit his head a few too many times during shipping? I swear he waits till I feed him and then when I walk away swims into the chamber. Long story short I'm working on naming the trio. Top ideas are Huey, Dewey and Louie or Ed, Edd, and Eddie. Thoughts?
I ordered 7. I never saw another one again. That said - Larry Moe and Curly would work:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new