My Review of Orphek Atlantik V4 after 15 Months

PanaReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people are upset with orphek, and i can see whay but there isn't any laundry to air and this is getting ridiculous. They have been straightforward with me, changing LED wasn't an issue at all for me. And in my case last year they didn't say I had to change my own, they would do it if I sent it in but it was easy for me to do. They sent me a new upgraded PCB board recently for my full size and everything is all good. The app is totally fine, no idea why people have issues with it. It does everything I'd expect and is super easy to use. They are great at responding and have awesome customer service. I'll recommend them to anyone. Don't be scared to buy their light, seriously. Yeah I've had a couple burnt bulbs but it's taken care of and the light itself is by far the best LED out there...and I've tried a lot of them including Ecotech.

Issues happen even to the best companies. Just look at Ecotech and their new light issues. Orphek figured out what was doing on and is fixing it for customers.

How much are you getting pay?

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you getting pay?
HAHAHAHA. Nothing, I just like Orphek lights. Like I said, no idea why people are complaining like they are. It's an amazing light and super easy to work on yourself. The customer service i've experienced is way above the times I've had to work with Ecotech or Neptune or GHL (I have and love my neptune and GHL products). Products have issues, it happens to the best of them. Orphek has been very open about it, figured out the problem and are offering solutions to customers. That's what I look for in a company.

Last edited:

PhilSD211

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHAHAHA. Nothing, I just like Orphek lights. Like I said, no idea why people are complaining like they are. It's an amazing light and super easy to work on yourself. The customer service i've experienced is way above the times I've had to work with Ecotech or Neptune or GHL (I have and love my neptune and GHL products). Products have issues, it happens to the best of them. Orphek has been very open about it, figured out the problem and are offering solutions to customers. That's what I look for in a company.

You have no idea why people are complaining? Seriously? Glad you are so passionate about a company putting out products that requires repairs/swap out parts just a year into it's service life. Most of us have higher standards.

Depends what you consider pay :) Cash-wise nothing, but coral growth and color like no other. Its a win win situation for me.

Oh, you aren't getting paid but getting your lights for just cost of shipping as gifts for reviewing them on YouTube must be nice!

Why don't you ask your contacts at Orphek to send free replacement lights to people who had to pay for replacement boards and are STILL having issues?

Keep on shilling.

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have no idea why people are complaining? Seriously? Glad you are so passionate about a company putting out products that requires repairs/swap out parts just a year into it's service life. Most of us have higher standards.

Oh, you aren't getting paid but getting your lights for just cost of shipping as gifts for reviewing them on YouTube must be nice!

Why don't you ask your contacts at Orphek to send free replacement lights to people who had to pay for replacement boards and are STILL having issues?

Keep on shilling.
Or just call them yourself and get it handled. Stop acting like a baby. Gets old hearing people complain over and over. Your an adult, it's ok to be unhappy with a product, but here's an idea, act like a mature adult and get it handled none the less. If your so unhappy, don't buy the product. Obviously you have enough time to sit and complain and beat a dead horse over and over. We get it, people have bad experiences, but this thread is 15 pages of the same thing from the same people... And yet here you are, hurt feelings, so you act like a kid and make it personal. Grow up... Unreal!!

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Keep on shilling.
Then you should probably not buy any products :rolleyes: It happens. It is happening to Ecotech right now. It's happened to everyone. They are doing a great job responding. Better than most. Higher standard? Whatever dude.

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then you should probably not buy any products :rolleyes: It happens. It is happening to Ecotech right now. It's happened to everyone. They are doing a great job responding. Better than most. Higher standard? Whatever dude.
This is the same guy that personally messaged me via FB chat and told me to cancel my order with Orphek and get my money back... He's clearly upset, but I'm sure doesn't even own any of their products, just likes spreading negativity.

And yes, you are correct, every manufacturer has their issues. I just got dealing with it on all my G5s from ecotech. I'm sure he's on that thread bashing ecotech as well...smh.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently spoke to Orphek and was informed they will no longer be repairI get out of warranty lights. The owner will be responsible for this, however warranty issues they will handle. It seems it is too much for one guy in the country to do and he has health issues.
this is frustrating to me because I don’t have the knowledge or tools to repair mine.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently spoke to Orphek and was informed they will no longer be repairI get out of warranty lights. The owner will be responsible for this, however warranty issues they will handle. It seems it is too much for one guy in the country to do and he has health issues.
this is frustrating to me because I don’t have the knowledge or tools to repair mine.
Yeah, that I get. I know the guy, James, and he has some health issues like you say. THey need a better distribution network in the US for sure to help them out. Tunze has rvitko (can't remember his name) that does everything for them. Maybe I should ask them if they want me to handle stuff for them here, then I can really be on their payroll ;)

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. James, I just didn’t want to put his name and business out there. But it’s unfortunate because not everyone can repair these. So I am going to be stuck with 2 lights that don’t work and 2 PCB boards that I don’t know how to install. So, paperweights. So that sucks and I feel like I have a right to be upset. I don’t know what I’m going to do...

Dlealrious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another unhappy user here, I have 3 lights. 1 lost its blue channel and the other 2 a few diodes. Very frustrating for such an expensive product. Nearly all black boxes would last over a year. Yes they work and grow coral but so do T5, if I wanted to change out bulb I would have stuck to t5. I dont want to be changing pcb boards out each year(there more expensive than bulbs also)

Justin Swinney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I was considering the light bars by them. May want to rethink this. The bars are alot less money but I want plug and play too.
Thats why I run t5's.
Best lfs in my area run all radions. Thier 550g display tank runs them with t5's but all frag tanks are radions.
They sunk alot of $'s into radions but they look and work great.
If you’re wanting a supplementary light bar look at sbreef theirs are comparable and tough and the spectrum really pops

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. James, I just didn’t want to put his name and business out there. But it’s unfortunate because not everyone can repair these. So I am going to be stuck with 2 lights that don’t work and 2 PCB boards that I don’t know how to install. So, paperweights. So that sucks and I feel like I have a right to be upset. I don’t know what I’m going to do...
You pay for shipping and I'll fix them up for you :)

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another unhappy user here, I have 3 lights. 1 lost its blue channel and the other 2 a few diodes. Very frustrating for such an expensive product. Nearly all black boxes would last over a year. Yes they work and grow coral but so do T5, if I wanted to change out bulb I would have stuck to t5. I dont want to be changing pcb boards out each year(there more expensive than bulbs also)
Again, they found the problem, have a fix for it, and life goes on. And again, Every major company has issues like this with new product sometimes. Ecotech going through it right now with the G5.

PhilSD211

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the same guy that personally messaged me via FB chat and told me to cancel my order with Orphek and get my money back... He's clearly upset, but I'm sure doesn't even own any of their products, just likes spreading negativity.

And yes, you are correct, every manufacturer has their issues. I just got dealing with it on all my G5s from ecotech. I'm sure he's on that thread bashing ecotech as well...smh.

You are special aren't you? lol I messaged you and others to read this thread in the hopes of helping out fellow reefers who aren't aware of issues a lot of us are having with the Orphek lights. I wish I had seen this review 3 years ago when I bought my Atlantik Compact. If you go back a couple of pages, you'll see my story and pics of burnt out diodes. So clearly you didn't bother reading much.

Actually, I do hope they have fixed the problems of burnt out diodes in a new version of the light. So is that a Gen3 that hasn't been announced? Because I just bought the latest Gen2 PC board for $180 from James in February. Time will tell if diodes continue to burn out or not. Other people with G2 boards still reported diodes burning out so I don't have high hopes.

In the mean time, I'll continue to do my part to share my experiences in the hopes of helping others to not have to go through what many of us had to go through.

But you know what, keep on shilling. Share this thread with whoever your contacts are over there that sent you the free lights for your reviews. Was it Ofir? James or Tommy? Maybe he'll send you a couple of OR light bars free as compensation for your passionate defense of their faulty products.

What did you say when I messaged you? "It's only money" then telling me you got them free?? Yeah, you are special.

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are special aren't you? lol I messaged you and others to read this thread in the hopes of helping out fellow reefers who aren't aware of issues a lot of us are having with the Orphek lights. I wish I had seen this review 3 years ago when I bought my Atlantik Compact. If you go back a couple of pages, you'll see my story and pics of burnt out diodes. So clearly you didn't bother reading much.

Actually, I do hope they have fixed the problems of burnt out diodes in a new version of the light. So is that a Gen3 that hasn't been announced? Because I just bought the latest Gen2 PC board for $180 from James in February. Time will tell if diodes continue to burn out or not. Other people with G2 boards still reported diodes burning out so I don't have high hopes.

In the mean time, I'll continue to do my part to share my experiences in the hopes of helping others to not have to go through what many of us had to go through.

But you know what, keep on shilling. Share this thread with whoever your contacts are over there that sent you the free lights for your reviews. Was it Ofir? James or Tommy? Maybe he'll send you a couple of OR light bars free as compensation for your passionate defense of their faulty products.

What did you say when I messaged you? "It's only money" then telling me you got them free?? Yeah, you are special.
For your information Mr. Claim to know it all, I don't need a replacement, my NEW setup works just fine. Feel free to share your experiences, just stop acting like a child and personally attacking people. Sounds you are more jealous you didn't get a deal. But do me and everyone else a favor, start acting like a mature adult your supposed to be and personally addressing this "deal" I got. It's getting really annoying and quite childish. Special I am thanks for the compliment. It's just too bad this is what you resort to for satisfaction, or to pass your time. Leave me out of it.

R33fedOut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What does my "deal" have to do with anything on this thread??? You keep mentioning my "deal", and in the same sentence say your here to share your experiences. Simply stated, multiple times, your bad experience with a company doesn't mean we all share the same opinion. Your clearly going out of your way to discourage at all costs, anyone from buying their products. You're truly more incompetent than already proven if you think I didn't read reviews or talk to people who know first hand. You continue to post degrading myself and others for their decisions. People are here for knowledge and understanding, not your childish games and Bs. What's so hard for you to understand about that?? I'm sure you'll have another bright response trying to defend your actions this far.... I've been out of grade school for going on 35 years, and yet you feel the need to keep reliving it. I'll end here to avoid feeding your pathetic mentality justifying childish and immature responses. Carry on

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does my "deal" have to do with anything on this thread??? You keep mentioning my "deal", and in the same sentence say your here to share your experiences. Simply stated, multiple times, your bad experience with a company doesn't mean we all share the same opinion. Your clearly going out of your way to discourage at all costs, anyone from buying their products. You're truly more incompetent than already proven if you think I didn't read reviews or talk to people who know first hand. You continue to post degrading myself and others for their decisions. People are here for knowledge and understanding, not your childish games and crap. What's so hard for you to understand about that?? I'm sure you'll have another bright response trying to defend your actions this far.... I've been out of grade school for going on 35 years, and yet you feel the need to keep reliving it. I'll end here to avoid feeding your pathetic mentality justifying childish and immature responses. Carry on
So did you get the lights for free?

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ran a Orphek V4 compact for since Nov2017 and I've experienced the same blue/uv LED's burning out and having to get them to send me new diodes to solder in myself. They claim the newer diodes are better and "upgraded" so the same problem shouldn't happen again. So far so good... but I'll probably take a closer look tonight to see if anything burnt out.

If i were to do it over again, I'd probably go with Radions or main T5's with LED bars as supplement.
Hi Phillip, you drop the unit to the water remember that you asked letter for the insurance. And no one ask you to solder LEDs for light from 2017 you ask for LEDs and we sent you for free .

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back