My RSR 425xl Re-build is Now My Waterbox 220.6 Dream Build..Goodbye 2020!!

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been trying to come up with a solution to this whole mess. Biggest problem (other than replacing the tank) is LFS having time to deliver and set it up if/when they get a replacement. So,....

Have replacement sent here and hire some moving guys to get it on the stand

I’ve watched a few videos, and Waterbox made the plumbing fairly easy. My biggest issue will be my UV. The manifold has two extra valves, but I have no idea how to do the plumbing. I think I’d need to include a flow sensor too??

I know how to set up my apex, but I want to mount it. LFS was going to build it for me, but really don’t think that would happen anytime soon. Any suggestions??

lfs did the last 2 scapes in the 425...figured I’d give it a try. It’s just a start..maybe better off with islands? A 6ft tank might be over my head

I’m sport a sinus infection. If I don’t reply...I feel asleep;Dead
Glad to see you thinking about next steps. Stay with it we can help.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dolelo96 I have some aqua clear power heads I could ship you, they have suction cups that will hold on the inside of that tub. I use them on my rock tub and in mixing station. Or I can provide a link, they run about 30 bucks on chewy.com please don't give up. I know that the heart break, exhaustion and frustration you feel right now is overwhelming but I know when you overcome this you will love your tank again. You have invested to much to give up now. I'm pulling for you. Let me know how I can help even though I am many miles away. Sending you more positive vibes. You can handle this! We've got your back.

Thank you for the kind words. I am trying, it’s just hard when you have to walk by it everyday.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but I couldn’t get the suction cups on my heater to stick. Maybe they are to small? Do you mind sending me the link?

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you do the plumbing and a general apex set up just sitting there, and have them come later to do the rest of it for you? At least that way you could get up and running and go from there? Even if you have to unplug return for a day or so to let the new stuff cure at least you can run lights and powerheads.... better than a tub for sure... I'm not sure with inline UV things though - what I used just laid in my sump and was not as fancy.

I'm sorry about the sinus infection :( I'm surprised I'm surviving this week, my car is yellow :rolleyes:
The new tank was was ordered 12/20...they got it 12/30..2/15 the seam gave out on the 425xl, so everything was moved that night.. they were suppose to come back the next day to pick up the the old tank/sump/stand (2/16)..they picked it up the old setup the day they delivered the new one on 2/23 (had to cover the tank with cling wrap. Thank you @fishguy242). On 2/27 I came across a thread about air bubbles in the seam of their WB, so I decided to check mine. Yup, air bubbles...2/27 I sent pics and video to lfs, who was going to forward them to WB...I’m still waiting for a response. He just doesn’t have time to do this stuff and this is my dream tank. I don’t want to wait a year to get it done (thats how long I waited for them to build a manifold for the 425)

The pollen is disgusting...our porch is COVERED

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new tank was was ordered 12/20...they got it 12/30..2/15 the seam gave out on the 425xl, so everything was moved that night.. they were suppose to come back the next day to pick up the the old tank/sump/stand (2/16)..they picked it up the old setup the day they delivered the new one on 2/23 (had to cover the tank with cling wrap. Thank you @fishguy242). On 2/27 I came across a thread about air bubbles in the seam of their WB, so I decided to check mine. Yup, air bubbles...2/27 I sent pics and video to lfs, who was going to forward them to WB...I’m still waiting for a response. He just doesn’t have time to do this stuff and this is my dream tank. I don’t want to wait a year to get it done (thats how long I waited for them to build a manifold for the 425)

The pollen is disgusting...our porch is COVERED
Hmm... I saw a post recently where someone hired 2 guys and a truck to move their tank for them. Stay on them about contact with WB and maybe WB can get it delivered straight to you instead of them, and you can use a 3rd party to get it inside. I was bouncing between WB and Cade when deciding which way I wanted to go with my upcoming change, and they both look pretty simple with the basic plumbing.

Having the LFS (or maybe a different LFS at this point?) come out to do the other parts for you might be easier for them to work into their schedule compared to an entire setup as well.

Don't give up! I know it's so disheartening though. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been trying to come up with a solution to this whole mess. Biggest problem (other than replacing the tank) is LFS having time to deliver and set it up if/when they get a replacement. So,....

Have replacement sent here and hire some moving guys to get it on the stand

I’ve watched a few videos, and Waterbox made the plumbing fairly easy. My biggest issue will be my UV. The manifold has two extra valves, but I have no idea how to do the plumbing. I think I’d need to include a flow sensor too??

I know how to set up my apex, but I want to mount it. LFS was going to build it for me, but really don’t think that would happen anytime soon. Any suggestions??

lfs did the last 2 scapes in the 425...figured I’d give it a try. It’s just a start..maybe better off with islands? A 6ft tank might be over my head

I’m sport a sinus infection. If I don’t reply...I feel asleep;Dead
It would help if I actually posted the pictures..
F36EA5E6-B5B7-42A4-A3B1-F90CEFA88FCD.jpeg
3DF679BD-369D-48E9-BA46-2BBEE76DD47A.jpeg
52A52E6C-EE14-423E-9A16-6CB94FE05B92.jpeg
F32D8991-3B0B-4B7E-B946-0B4A4D4A9BDF.jpeg

The cardboard is the size of the tank. was trying to get a pic to show how much space was left on each end..didn’t work out that way

Attachments

• 9F71CB4B-3E68-464A-9A7D-368ED11B2D22.jpeg
    9F71CB4B-3E68-464A-9A7D-368ED11B2D22.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 27

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the aqua scape so far. You could do the basic plumbing and get apex hooked up the when lfs has time they can mount apex and plumbing in UV. Water box plumbing is like Red Sea and isn’t hard to figure out. May need hose, clamps and a fitting for your return pump but we can help

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,sorry i missed you.., :rolleyes: mid day coma nap..;Facepalm
hopefully you can get some answers from them today...
push store hard... also see if they..or somebody here can set up or walk you through apex on tub for now...
feel better..;)sea you later today..:)

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would help if I actually posted the pictures..
F36EA5E6-B5B7-42A4-A3B1-F90CEFA88FCD.jpeg
3DF679BD-369D-48E9-BA46-2BBEE76DD47A.jpeg
52A52E6C-EE14-423E-9A16-6CB94FE05B92.jpeg
F32D8991-3B0B-4B7E-B946-0B4A4D4A9BDF.jpeg

The cardboard is the size of the tank. was trying to get a pic to show how much space was left on each end..didn’t work out that way
nice start. you have an advantage with this (thinking positive). you have your corals. most of us making scapes only have it in our heads what we want and where they might go.

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice start. you have an advantage with this (thinking positive). you have your corals. most of us making scapes only have it in our heads what we want and where they might go.
Good thing you brought that up. I wasn’t thinking about my corals;Woot I was thinking of future fish:p

OP
OP
Dolelo96

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In addition to some cheap power heads, thinking of getting a canister filter for the tub. Other than the skimmer, there hasn’t been other filtration..seems like a month is a long time without any other filtration

Dakkokki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But anyways, thank you all so much for supporting my mom through this, it really means a lot to me because I know she needs the love and support y'all give. I can't thank you enough for this, it really cheers her up. <3

Dakkokki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I feel some of y'all might be interested in this; these were done for my photography course, they're done on black and white film, developed ( at a local place, I'm bad at developing and don't trust myself ) and enlarged by me! ( Excuse the glare, the paper is pretty shiny )
unnamed-4.jpg
unnamed-10.jpg
unnamed-6.jpg
unnamed-7.jpg
unnamed-8.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back