My saltwater journal.

I'd say take a look at The Planted Tank forum. They have a lot of resources for dosing fertilizer. As for a fertilizer, I'd look into buying one of the name brand simple ferts that are out there. Flourish by seachem works pretty well. Or you can go with root tabs which might be a good idea for the sea grasses since they primarily use their roots for nutrient absorption.
 
Just be careful because dosing ferts incorrectly can cause algae blooms and such. Also, know that once you start dosing, you probably won't be able to stop because there would be a mass die off of plant matter.
 
I assumed so. I was actually reading about seachem phosphorous. I used to dose alot for my FW tanks, I thought it could be a solution here or at least even trying it out. Probably will. Might as well experiment.
 
Yeah, just dose in low amounts and see if growth improves. If not, you can always stop and things should go back to normal.
 
uploadfromtaptalk1409914462043.jpg


What it currently looks like in my tank
 
Right on man. What happened to your Sea Grass?
 
System to clean for em? Whats your water params?
 
I was really phosphate heavy and had gha problems. I think I finally got it down but every thing else suffered at the same time
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new