My scarlet clearer shrimp molted and something is wrong

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
two nights ago my scarlet cleaner shrimp molted and yesterday I noticed some was very wrong. It's long white tentacles are very short actually only one is there, it looks like he only has one claw as well. I hurried up and cleaned up my hob fuge I had just taken down, and added some sand and a little rubble rock and was able to get him in there, he did eat a little frozen food just a minute ago. Will his claw and tentacles grow back?? He is such an awesome shrimp, he'd come right out and eat from the turkey baster just like my fish. I hope he's not suffering:(

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0121.JPG
It should come back when he molts again.
I meant to upload pictures, should I keep him in his "hospital tank" I'm sorry pictures are not great.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had shrimp loose limbs and I've kept them in the main display. Is there something in the DT that would be more likely to eat him, now that he's missing a claw?

OP
OP
Chrisfish

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had shrimp loose limbs and I've kept them in the main display. Is there something in the DT that would be more likely to eat him, now that he's missing a claw?
Possibly my Valentinii puffer, or harlequin sea serpent who has suspecially been out more than usual:confused: puffer has not been a problem but just caustious

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back