My Second Tank: Waterbox 20

Ckdada

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2020
Messages
60
Reaction score
31
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just picked up a second tank, a brand new Waterbox 20 for $180. Honestly that price for the tank you get is amazing and I think it looks nicer than the fusion 20. I'm planning on taking this tank to college in the coming year. I also really want it to be SPS dominant but I am worried about moving it and etc.

Equipment:
  • Waterbox 20 - $180
  • Stock Pump
  • Stock Filter Sock
  • 2 Sponges (Came with)
  • Bio-Balls (Came with)
  • Marine Pure Gems - $13
  • AI Nero 3 - $150
  • AquaTop 100W Titanium Heater - $50
  • 12 Pounds CaribSea Base Rock - $80
  • 20lbs Special Grade sand - $20
  • Dr Tims Ammonia - $4
  • Fritz Turbo Start 1oz - $12
  • Red Sea Coral Pro Salt - $80
Now for lighting I either want a Radion XR-15 gen 4 pro or a Hydra 26, I found both for sale used for $200 with mount. I wanted to hear some opinions on the two, I am very familiar with AI and love the app without having to spend an extra $100 for a controller but as far as PAR and colors I'm not sure.

For livestock, heavily SPS, mostly easier acros, montis, and birdsnests. Not sure what I want for fish, what are some good options? I have a reefer 350 as well so any baby fish would be upgraded, would it be too small for a tiny tang? What are some other options? For inverts I plan to have a brittle star, 8 astrea snails, and a tiny urchin.
1607106478063.png
 
So I just picked up a second tank, a brand new Waterbox 20 for $180. Honestly that price for the tank you get is amazing and I think it looks nicer than the fusion 20. I'm planning on taking this tank to college in the coming year. I also really want it to be SPS dominant but I am worried about moving it and etc.

Equipment:
  • Waterbox 20 - $180
  • Stock Pump
  • Stock Filter Sock
  • 2 Sponges (Came with)
  • Bio-Balls (Came with)
  • Marine Pure Gems - $13
  • AI Nero 3 - $150
  • AquaTop 100W Titanium Heater - $50
  • 12 Pounds CaribSea Base Rock - $80
  • 20lbs Special Grade sand - $20
  • Dr Tims Ammonia - $4
  • Fritz Turbo Start 1oz - $12
  • Red Sea Coral Pro Salt - $80
Now for lighting I either want a Radion XR-15 gen 4 pro or a Hydra 26, I found both for sale used for $200 with mount. I wanted to hear some opinions on the two, I am very familiar with AI and love the app without having to spend an extra $100 for a controller but as far as PAR and colors I'm not sure.

For livestock, heavily SPS, mostly easier acros, montis, and birdsnests. Not sure what I want for fish, what are some good options? I have a reefer 350 as well so any baby fish would be upgraded, would it be too small for a tiny tang? What are some other options? For inverts I plan to have a brittle star, 8 astrea snails, and a tiny urchin.
1607106478063.png
I have the same tank, you should check out an intank media holder they help alot.
 
Will do, do you run a skimmer?
I’ve got a Tunze9001 in mine, and I mostly wish I didn’t bother. Unless you’re going to pack fish in here, water changes ought to be enough. And with 20g, a weekly 10% is basically nothing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new