My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank looking these days?

More or less the same, two fish still reign supreme. My clown and My PBT, they are still happy as ever which is good. Lost a couple corals I believe due to a rusty screw I found in the overflow however I'm still not 100% sure on that one. Haven't been home much these past few months due to work and between work and our little man, I haven't made any new additions yet. Plus I need to wrangle myself up a top and an acclimation box before I get too crazy with new fish.

20210517_191012.jpg
20210517_191034.jpg
20210517_191036.jpg

Where did you get the stuff to organize the power cords?

Available in lots of lovely colours, Canadian Website though so not sure on shipping to the US. It was fantastic FINALLY finding a vendor for some of this stuff actually in Canada.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More or less the same, two fish still reign supreme. My clown and My PBT, they are still happy as ever which is good. Lost a couple corals I believe due to a rusty screw I found in the overflow however I'm still not 100% sure on that one. Haven't been home much these past few months due to work and between work and our little man, I haven't made any new additions yet. Plus I need to wrangle myself up a top and an acclimation box before I get too crazy with new fish.

20210517_191012.jpg
20210517_191034.jpg
20210517_191036.jpg

Available in lots of lovely colours, Canadian Website though so not sure on shipping to the US. It was fantastic FINALLY finding a vendor for some of this stuff actually in Canada.

Holy cow he lives!

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20210517_191012.jpg
20210517_191034.jpg
20210517_191036.jpg

First time I’ve seen that fish in the tank! Looks good!

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow he lives!

Just BARELY Long time no talk, how have you been?

First time I’ve seen that fish in the tank! Looks good!

Thanks, he is a beautiful addition and I love him. SO much fun cleaning the glass and watching him chase the Flipper around showing it who is boss ;Hilarious

Last edited:

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just BARELY Long time no talk, how have you been?
Been doing well. Going thru those tank ups and downs! She's a year old now... Starting to do much better now. How's your system coming along? I'm not all that active here any more as I primarily moved over to IG. Getting too commercialized and noisy here.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been doing well. Going thru those tank ups and downs! She's a year old now... Starting to do much better now. How's your system coming along? I'm not all that active here any more as I primarily moved over to IG. Getting too commercialized and noisy here.

That's great to here, mine has been much of the same, ups and downs, I am currently trying to track down an AWC solution as my GHL 2.1 Doser is woefully inadiquate for this tank. And by the new year, the tank needs to move to the basement which will be a royal pain in the butt.

I don't even have IG lol so I am not sure what that is all about. I'm not on here enough anymore evidently to worry much about the commercialization of R2R thankfully. Just on here to check in with everyone I have been absent from over the last year.

He is a handsome little devil, glad he got his looks from mom! ;)

You and me both ;Hilarious

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't even have IG lol so I am not sure what that is all about. I'm not on here enough anymore evidently to worry much about the commercialization of R2R thankfully.

This, my connection sucks so when I log on to r2r I basically walk away to allow the page to load all the ads first as then I know I can hit my watched list tab. The site is a vehicle to make money as well as to entertain and inform, watch admin get all over our butts now even though I think I commented inside the TOS!

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This, my connection sucks so when I log on to r2r I basically walk away to allow the page to load all the ads first as then I know I can hit my watched list tab. The site is a vehicle to make money as well as to entertain and inform, watch admin get all over our butts now even though I think I commented inside the TOS!

You know, last year Rev genuinely thought I was making a joke about paying $400 for a partner membership that got rid of all the Adds and stuff. I was being dead serious.

When I got back onto the Road for work, having the R2R page open alone cost me $200 in Data overages in one month. I had to up my plan to cover it which costs me more money every month. Just to cover the data all the stupid adds consume that don't even apply to me because I live in a different country. Paying $400 a year would actually save me money and it was disheartening to see that my suggestion got nowhere. And now they get $0 from me, I used to be a R2R Supporter/Partner member for 4 years. So much for that.

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know, last year Rev genuinely thought I was making a joke about paying $400 for a partner membership that got rid of all the Adds and stuff. I was being dead serious.

When I got back onto the Road for work, having the R2R page open alone cost me $200 in Data overages in one month. I had to up my plan to cover it which costs me more money every month. Just to cover the data all the stupid adds consume that don't even apply to me because I live in a different country. Paying $400 a year would actually save me money and it was disheartening to see that level of arrogance displayed by him. And now they get $0 from me, I used to be a R2R Supporter/Partner member for 4 years. So much for that.

We could take this to messaging but I can not respond to this in an open post.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I was worried!! I closed on a house a couple weeks ago and the tanks been on the mind so definitely need to see more of your awesome setup!

Honestly since our little man came around and with all the projects around the house there hasn't been much action in the tank department. It seems as though the tank has matured though since I was last on. All my algae issues have disappeared and my skimmer can barely pull anything from the water anymore. Which makes me happy.

Congrats on the new house! Any exciting plans from the get go?

smiley28

Hectorj
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly since our little man came around and with all the projects around the house there hasn't been much action in the tank department. It seems as though the tank has matured though since I was last on. All my algae issues have disappeared and my skimmer can barely pull anything from the water anymore. Which makes me happy.

Congrats on the new house! Any exciting plans from the get go?
Well my goal is to get my 100g IM tank equipment picked, bought, and setup by next summer. Some new equipment has come out over the last year that I have my eye on as well as a few things soon to be released.
I definitely understand how family and house projects take priority which is why I project it to take so long just to setup the 100g.
With the 200g being a bit more of a project I really think I need to spend a bit more time in the new house.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back