My Shallow Dream Build 60" × 30" × 17"

OP
OP
J

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my goal is to get my 100g IM tank equipment picked, bought, and setup by next summer. Some new equipment has come out over the last year that I have my eye on as well as a few things soon to be released.
I definitely understand how family and house projects take priority which is why I project it to take so long just to setup the 100g.
With the 200g being a bit more of a project I really think I need to spend a bit more time in the new house.

If there is one piece of advice I can give you, it's take your time. I know that's a laugh coming from me, but in all seriousness, I spent 2 years bringing my build together and even then, I couldn't think of everything.

Now with the tank being moved to the basement, I have to move my sump lower, which means one of two things. Either cutting out the table it sits on and lowering it there or moving it to the other side of the fish room which means rewiring to get sufficent plugs on that wall and finding a new home for the Brutes for my AWC and ATO. As it stands right now the sump is actually higher up than the aquarium stands which is why all this needs to be done.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good-looking kiddo, Josh! Hope you're doing well!

Thanks Daniel! Busy busy lately which I guess is a good thing.... atleast that's what my wife tells me;Bored

I hope all is well with you and your family as well, stay safe!!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just like that...everybody disappeared ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
Nope still here.
d9cc3623-b9fb-47be-a684-a9f0e8c5e4a4_text.gif

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just like that...everybody disappeared ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
I am slowly re-emerging. :) I only have an outdoor snail tank nano at present time.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO glad to see you still kicking the can around after all you have been through lately! Did the big tank atleast survive everything in one piece?
The tank is ok. The bottom of the stand got wet but appears to be ok. I came real close to just hanging it up for good on my really unlucky tank build. I am apparently a glutton for punishment.

OP
OP
J

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is ok. The bottom of the stand got wet but appears to be ok. I came real close to just hanging it up for good on my really unlucky tank build. I am apparently a glutton for punishment.

Well atleast the stand wasn't a write off, if it was I'm betting you would have thrown in the towel. I think we all are to some degree with all the ups and downs we face in this hobby, some more than other ofcourse. If you need anything to help get your salt legs back up just give me a shout!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back