Shallow tank

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my WB20 for about 5 months now, but when I hit the 6-8 month mark I am hoping to either upgrade or downgrade. My dream tank has always been a shallow tank(don’t ask why ) I am either hoping for a 10G shallow tank or a 20-40g shallow tank. However I can’t seem to find any anywhere other than reef Casa but there are a little small, please if anyone knows anybody that sells shallow nano tanks or custome builders please let me know, ideally from UK but anywhere is fine.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find what you're looking for? If not, they I can recommend ND Aquatics and their custom tanks. Prices are great and the quality is even better! They can make pretty much what you want.

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find what you're looking for? If not, they I can recommend ND Aquatics and their custom tanks. Prices are great and the quality is even better! They can make pretty much what you want.
Sorry, I didn’t look yet I saw the shrimp and jumped straight on here I will look at both now, Thank you

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be careful. I bought two, one cracked, one leaked, went with something else instead.
I will be careful I just really like the look of them. At the moment I have a waterbox 20 with one clownfish(hopefully upgrading to two) and a bamboo cardinal, along with a cleaner shrimp and several different CUC, the tank I do like the look of is reef casa 6g but would that be to small ?

OP
OP
finley

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mr Aqua 22 gal Did you see these? They look like beautiful tanks. A year ago I ordered 4 for QT tanks but they went out of stock so never got one. They have 2 different glass clarity levels/prices

And here’s the ultra clear version
Wow, haven’t seen that before but it is an amazing tank and pretty well priced. How do I filter though ? I have only had AIO tanks so far, so do I use a sump or no filter or what ?

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think it is how you define shallow. I am not tall and in my previous tanks I always needed a step stool to reach into the tank and touch the bottom. I vowed to my self never again, either custom lower stand or lower tank or both. I found what fit me perfectly in an Aqua Japan tank at my LFS. It is 70 gal with a sump, and just the perfect height. FWIW

mosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, haven’t seen that before but it is an amazing tank and pretty well priced. How do I filter though ? I have only had AIO tanks so far, so do I use a sump or no filter or what ?
I was just planning on using them as quarantine tanks so just planned to add a hang on the back filter, airstone, lid and Light, and heater.

However there is a guy on YouTube who had one of these and he drilled and added a sump. I'll see if I can find the video, he hasn't posted in a long long time but it was amazing

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back