My simple diy alk test

I'm going back to this method. Currently getting the bits together for a power backup which involves making a bigger cabinet. I'll incorporate the scales and a spare pH meter and probe somehow, maybe even a magnetic stirrer. I'll probably have to leave space for a potted plant as camouflage however.
If your sample is large enough, you could use a doser to titrate it.

If you are feeling adventuresome you could connect the doser to a controller to shut off the doser at pH 4.2. I would then hire someone to respond to a controller generated text to visit your home and record the reading on the balance. I am working on the next leg of this process which involves getting the cat to dose the aquarium. Don’t try to have the dog do this part, it would likely eat the fishfood.
 
Any pH pens you recommend?
I would not recommend any of the pens
My experience is that they are inaccurate and the calibration drifts a lot.

You are better off buying something like a Milwaukee MW-102 which will work out cheaper in the long run.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new