My slowly growing Blasto collection

I want Blue/purple blastos really bad. I've been on the look out for them at the LFS's but haven't been able to get any. Looking great!
 
Here are the last 2 in the shipment, the red ones are still settling in.

IMG_0089-2.jpg


IMG_0101.jpg


and a better shot of the blues
IMG_0100-1.jpg
 
Cool collection man!! Great looking blastos! Will at aquasd just got in a few nice morphs just in case u wanted to expand on the collection.

:-)
 
Got 5 more morphs today. 4 wellsi 1 merletti. Here are just some pictures. Have to wait for them all to open up as I got them today and they are still getting acclimated. I think so far I am at 33 different color morphs.


Cool Merlettis with a teal center, neon green outsides, and then purple skirts.
IMG_0229.jpg



Nice pink skirts with kryptonite green centers.
IMG_0185.jpg



IMG_0228-1.jpg
 
Here is a better picture of 2 of the blastos I got. Hard to get a good picture. The orange with yellow ring isnt doing so hot since being shipped. The big polyp in the center isnt going to make it but hoping for the other 4.


374738_278976965490448_100001344395766_737409_264546150_n.jpg
 
Here are some updated closeups of a few that are closer to the glass.

IMG_0415-2.jpg

Same colony but with a flashlight so you can see the color differences.
IMG_0442.jpg


IMG_0439-1.jpg


IMG_0435.jpg


IMG_0434-1.jpg


IMG_0436-1.jpg
 
Very nice!
 
One of my blastos seems to be changing colors slowly.


When I got these blastos they were just a purply/blue. Then after a while of settling in they developed green on the bumps of the skirts and some green going towards the center.
IMG_0370.jpg





I just looked closely the other day and I realized that the green streaks going to the center were now turning more towards orange.


IMG_0555-1.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new