My small Life

chef_Kamil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ! As they say: "I have it too" :D

My "first real salt shaker" why the first real one? 10 years ago I had a small tank, an Aquael cube with a cascade filter and accessory lighting. Unfortunately, due to my son's illness, I devoted myself completely to the fight for life and health, so I had to give up running a small pico reef. The time has come when I can fulfill one of my dreams. But to the point :) what do we have here?

Aquarium - dimensions 80x45x45,(31x18x18 inch ) which gives a capacity of approximately 162l. 42,8 gallons)

Chimney in the middle, three passages - 32mm for the downflow, 32mm for the revision and 25mm for the return. The front and sides are Opti 10mm, the back is covered with black lacobel, comb and lock-line on both sides.

The sump consists of 4 chambers:
10L refill, drain + skimmer, filter media chamber with a small partition where Maxspect balls are located, pump (return)

Rock: dry from D-D 14kg + live scale 3.5kg

Sand: Blue Treasure Premium Live Sand 5kg which gave approximately 1-1.5 cm

When it comes to filter media, I use 1kg of Maxspect balls, 1200 live bio fil from Aquaforest and at the moment I also have 500g of silicate clear.

Lamp: DIY hybrid Led 100w + 3x24w T5 and on standby in case of failure or other situations SkyLight Fluo 90

Skimmer: Deltec 1351

Circulation pump: AquaNova with a capacity of 5,000.

Circulation: 1x JEBAO SOW-8 and 1x AquaNova 4000

AO: eye 3 levelautomatic

The starting salt is: Red Sea in the basic version.

I also have a 3-channel AquaNova baling pump, which will probably be used in the future.

The rest of the accessories: Tunze long cleaner, cheese remover, reflectometer, 5x salifert tests, RODI 75gp filter.

In total, I think we have about 51-52gallons in circulation.

Plans for the future ?

Installing a grid on the aquarium for the safety of residents ;).
ATM Colony (quick start), bringing life into the maturation process.
Later dosing of Microbe-lift special blend bacteria.
Populating the aquarium with mixed stock.
Founding of UPS
Gentle modernization of the set (equipment)
Science, science and more science
Assembling equipment for a larger topic

The aquarium was flooded on December 13, 2023

It was not without complications, the first 60 liters of RODI water in the plastic container did not hold and when I lifted it, it burst and I flooded the entire floor, but hey, whoever doesn't think, reaps the consequences.

The next stages are: Gluing the rock, salting, pouring sand, adjusting the circulators, more or less tidying up the cables and creating a "central" for controlling the system and, what everyone probably loves, adjusting the hydraulic system and the pump power to make the system quiet and efficient, the skimmer is not launched, waiting for its moment.

I'm posting a few excerpts below

Before flooding:

9kqPSmY_d.webp

Soaking the rock in RODI with a circulator:

N0dLsat_d.webp

The first cats for fences.

Salinity measurement currently indicates a level of 1.023-1.024

I don't do any water tests, it's pointless at the moment.

This is what the aquarium looked like on December 14, 2023

FicNFA9_d.webp

16/12/2023

The cotton wool and filter sock were replaced, the water became crystal clear, and 50 ml of SuperBlend bacteria were added.

Update as of January 3.

It has been a while since the last update, in the meantime I poured ATM and introduced the first life. Snails,corals. I did the first tests after a few days. It turned out that I have a problem with Mg and Ca, they were at a fairly low level, and in fact every few days it got worse and worse... so I started supplementation and gradually the levels of these elements went up... I also introduced more life and the first fish... which caused me to raise beautiful algae.... through the excess food I gave them. Water green,everything is overgrowing not giving up,changing the feeding strategy,frequent replacements of the sock in the sump,cotton wool in total and increasing the power of the skimmer and installing a UV lamp...I introduced a sea urchin Tripneustes Gratilla and two cleaning shrimps :)

I have some problems with the parameters but I try to keep them within reason.... And possibilities.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back