My SPS issues...

  • Thread starter Thread starter JVH
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JVH

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
584
Reaction score
72
Location
North Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 68g mixed coral reef tank. I have had issues with cyno recently but it comes an goes and if I don't get it off a small frag it will suffocate but other than being unsightly, all my other corals are doing great! Every SPS frag eventually dies. I have one that's in pretty good shape but I gfeel like its time may be numbered..
I have tried birds next frags 3x. The green one I now have is loosing color and browning on the tips. I had a pink one that whited out..
I had a stylophora that was doing great and that one whited out! I also have 2 frag (cant identify) but they have been in my tank for (4) months and they have not grown. They do look alive but no bigger no growth!
Now, I don't know if this means anything but I have a TON of pineapple sponges in the overflow and in the sump. Nothing in the main DT. I recently read that the nutrients needed for SPS are the same for sponges. Is that true? Any suggestions? I love the mixed tank but I have spent too much money on frags that just don't make it!
Everything else is thriving! Zoas, mushrooms, acros avapoura. Oh my cup frag has not opened. It still green but it looks like plastic!
 
Numbers on all of your parameters along with details on the system would help :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new