OP
OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tip. I just checked the web site. None in stock. Darn...you got me excited. Maybe one day your colony won't fit in your tank and you'll be fragging. Wishful thinking on my side, but you never know.
Yeah, we should try it.
Never did any shipping, this would be a first.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, we should try it.
Never did any shipping, this would be a first.
Well Fraggarrage will have a Papi in a few weeks or months....Still growing.

If you are ever ready to sell a Papi Frag piece PM me. We can figure out packaging since I know a few stores and I can ship you a thermo box with thermo insert (Maybe a frag from my tank if I have something you need....I can provide a list). Just a small frag box. Either way best time of year to ship corals is Early Fall or Late Spring when temps are ideal. We are both Canada so no issues with boardet customs delayd and complex paperwork.

I have lots of SPS that could be pruned. (Something you don't have?) The tank is getting tight and overlaps are pending....but there is always room for a Papi Chulo.

110G-SPS-TANK-Basement-2022-08-22-ActinicYellowFilterSLR.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the little reef
It's doing great, kh is at 170ml/day
restarted dosing no3 2 weeks ago to get a reading, for now 3ml/day, planning to increase slowly to get a reasult of 5ppm. Near 1ppm presently. At the same time i started to dose aminos (10 drops/day) but i decided to stop, cyano is slowly coming back and i got the feeling aminos are the culprit.
The midas blenny passed away last week, gonna wait to add another one.

On another topic i might start to "bank" some corals with a nearby fellow reefer that got a thriving sps tank. He got the idea and with what happened last year i think it's great, some of my nicest pieces were kept in other reefs as frags when everything was going south in my tank and i was able to get them back, a few people to whom i sold some frags got out of the hobby and gave me their frags back (papi chulo, maleficent, red planet, op , marvin the martian and a few others).

video tanken under blue light with the polyp-lab lens

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the little reef
It's doing great, kh is at 170ml/day
restarted dosing no3 2 weeks ago to get a reading, for now 3ml/day, planning to increase slowly to get a reasult of 5ppm. Near 1ppm presently. At the same time i started to dose aminos (10 drops/day) but i decided to stop, cyano is slowly coming back and i got the feeling aminos are the culprit.
The midas blenny passed away last week, gonna wait to add another one.

On another topic i might start to "bank" some corals with a nearby fellow reefer that got a thriving sps tank. He got the idea and with what happened last year i think it's great, some of my nicest pieces were kept in other reefs as frags when everything was going south in my tank and i was able to get them back, a few people to whom i sold some frags got out of the hobby and gave me their frags back (papi chulo, maleficent, red planet, op , marvin the martian and a few others).

video tanken under blue light with the polyp-lab lens

Tank look amazing!!

Very good idea to frag and bank your species. I did exactly that and my tank is going down south, by the time I get tank reset and restored, those banked frag at fellow reefer will be grown up to frag and get back.

It's easy to get SPS frags at store but it's hard to get those special ones back. How I miss so many.

You know I have a soft spot for the Papi Chulo.

OP
OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank look amazing!!

Very good idea to frag and bank your species. I did exactly that and my tank is going down south, by the time I get tank reset and restored, those banked frag at fellow reefer will be grown up to frag and get back.

It's easy to get SPS frags at store but it's hard to get those special ones back. How I miss so many.

You know I have a soft spot for the Papi Chulo.
Yeah…
That idea was good on paper but after seeing white bugs in the system and doing a treatment with interceptor i choose to stop adding frags.

Maybe if i start a second tank/qt but in truth i dont want the headache of maintaning 2 separate systems.

Let me know when you’ll want a frag of papi, we might be able to work something.

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, Sam. Any chance you still have the blue tipped Acropora pictured below? Kind of looks like a echinata.

IMG_3197.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 115 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.1%
Back