OP
OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice colours on those acros! I would choose angels over pe any day..
Thanks, the coloration seem to be holding up for most of them, the wd has seen better days but i'm not sure what is causing the coloration change.
As for the angels i'm considering a third one perhaps, an emperor or a queen maybe.
Really not sure about this, and it wont happen until a few months at least, if ever.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some nice frags on fragbox but too much $$$ for me.
75A8A1B0-6B3E-42EB-B6CC-798D4003A3E7.png

anyone has them in their setup?

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, the coloration seem to be holding up for most of them, the wd has seen better days but i'm not sure what is causing the coloration change.
As for the angels i'm considering a third one perhaps, an emperor or a queen maybe.
Really not sure about this, and it wont happen until a few months at least, if ever.
I think emperors are fine with sps at least. No idea about queens though.

OP
OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think emperors are fine with sps at least. No idea about queens though.
Yeah , anyway my tank is in the process of becoming "angel proof".
The regal started to nip the dragon soul favia today, so another lps for my friend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it
Thanks, i removed one rock and placed some corals on the piece behind the rainbow (green) montipora.
Now the "lady in pink" is in a better spot, the last one was starting to get crowded also the wd was getting way too much flow from the mp40, now it's out of harm's way,
And lastly 2 colonies are now held by magnet on the back glass.

OP
OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some changes lately...
One of the banggai is no more, was getting a serious beat from one of the others and i wasn't able to catch him in time for a transfer.
Some fine tuning with the placement of acros that were starting to cast too much shade and i added 2 t5 for supplementation.
The t5 installation is really basic, i will get some reflectors to achieve a better result and remove some light spill.
Pics to come, most of the corals are doing fine presently, the fishs too except for the cbb wich is starting to lose weight despite eating at each meal.
I will increase the feeding to remedy this situation.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some changes lately...
One of the banggai is no more, was getting a serious beat from one of the others and i wasn't able to catch him in time for a transfer.
Some fine tuning with the placement of acros that were starting to cast too much shade and i added 2 t5 for supplementation.
The t5 installation is really basic, i will get some reflectors to achieve a better result and remove some light spill.
Pics to come, most of the corals are doing fine presently, the fishs too except for the cbb wich is starting to lose weight despite eating at each meal.
I will increase the feeding to remedy this situation.
Sorry about the Banggai.

Sounds like things are doing well if shading from Acro's (growing). A problem I wish I had.

Looking forward to the pics.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank tonight
4984A6FF-18B5-44D6-9A71-F204D83593CB.jpeg

3368D44E-32E4-432A-8B3E-008681967A2E.jpeg
98912B58-C8BC-427C-9771-B7C68723E028.jpeg

as you can see, the cbb is getting thinner.
He's still eating well at each meals but for some reasons losing weight.
I'm currently feeding more to remedy the situation.
I just recently lost two cbb in two different tanks. Aquired at the same time, and vanished at same time.

They were both always hungry and eatting. One Polish my tank of aptasia. I am guess they starved competing for food.

I got replacements recently and now feed them Mastick paste food in shells. They both eat it and no other fish does. Hoping that helps.

OP
OP
sam.veilleux30

sam.veilleux30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently lost two cbb in two different tanks. Aquired at the same time, and vanished at same time.

They were both always hungry and eatting. One Polish my tank of aptasia. I am guess they starved competing for food.

I got replacements recently and now feed them Mastick paste food in shells. They both eat it and no other fish does. Hoping that helps.
Thanks, i tried it in the past with not so great results then.
Might give it another try, also there is the purple tang who's acting like a jerk and often goes for the cbb (not as much as the long nose last summer).
Maybe adding other tangs could dissipate his agression toward the copperband but there is the risk that the new ones got too much of a beat.
Decision, decision...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back